Sunday, December 14, 2008

Family Stories

I wanted to share a few stories that I have heard this last week from family members. They have really touched me! I hope all of our family knows that we appreciate their love and support so much. To hear their experiences strengthens me and helps me to know that everything will work out in it's own due time.

The first was from my sister-in-law, Jana. I was surprised she hadn't shared this with me sooner, but nonetheless, I was excited to hear about her dream. Before the girls had even come in October Jana had had a dream about Nastia. She said Nastia was sitting on her lap and Jana could see very vividly her face and knew that the girl in the dream was our soon to be daughter. This gave her the urge to help her daughter, Calle, get to know Nastia, while she was here with us. Both of our girls are going to have such a great time with all of their cousins! There are so many girl cousins on the Benson side, Masha and Nastia will fit right in.

Then my dad called me on Friday and asked my permission to share some of his feelings about our adoption in his high-counselmen talk he was giving on Sunday. I told him, "Of course, what is it you want to share?" He told me something had changed inside of him, since being here with our family at Thanksgiving. Prior to Thanksgiving, he was concerned about Drew's and my decision to adopt the girls. I have to say, though, that he is not the only one that expressed concern. We have heard it from many. So, my dad, being the man he is, always the patriarch, asked Drew if we really knew what we are getting into and if we had prayed about this decision. Drew shared with him our experience at the temple, the night we had received very firm confirmation about the adoption, that we needed to go through with it. My dad said from that moment on he has not had any doubts. The spirit has testified to him that what we are doing is right. I love you dad! You're an amazing example to me of someone who tries the very best you can to always have the spirit guiding your life.

Then lastly, we had our niece here on Friday night. She is the one that taught me how to add music and new templates to the blog!:) She showed me her blog and she has the most beautiful picture of Masha posted on it. You can view it on her Live, Laugh, Love blog listed on "Blogs I Follow." It is a great picture. Things like her posting about her future cousins and the stories shared above, make me feel so good about the upcoming roller coaster! It's good to have family support.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Great blog and what great family support! It will all work out.

Mysticnocturne said...

It's good that you feel more supported =)

Nikkie said...

Glad to see your blog-It's fun to be able to know what's happening with the adoptions and your family!