It has been a lot of fun watching the blogs of all the families in Ukraine. It gets me really excited to go. Just 5 1/2 weeks left! We are trying to get things ready to leave. We are working on the girls bedroom some more. JR's and the girls' closet was connected and open, so we have added a wall to give each their own closet. I have been mudding, sanding, caulking, vacuuming and washing the walls and trim. It is almost ready for paint, then we can move all the shelving and rods in and be done with their room! It is looking great.
I am waiting for some clarification about the timing for all of the paperwork in Ukraine and how long it will take us there. There is a little chance things might be able to go a little quicker for us, than it has for some other families. Once we have the info we're needing then we will book our flights. We'll see what happens.
The problem we're running into is my brother gets married 4 1/2 weeks after our SDA appointment. We're hoping they can get us done in time for me to be back for my brother's wedding. So far, no families have completed the adoptions this quickly. Adoption Way is checking into things a little more...I hope it works out, so we don't have to buy an extra ticket.
If I have to fly back to complete the adoption paperwork, my parents or my mother-in-law might be going back with me. This will be a grand adventure for all of us! The families over there have had amazing experiences and I can't wait for it to be my turn.
I'll update with more family events and adoption stuff within the next few days. Stay in tune!
______________________________________________________
Oh, and one more thing I just remembered...
Who would like to join me in making some hair barrettes for the girls at the orphanage? I have asked my sister-in-law if any of her Young Women need projects, so some of them might make a bunch. Anyone else have young women that might like doing this for a project? I hope I can take pictures when I distribute the bows and everyone can see the smiles on these kids faces. I was thinking I would hold a night at my house and get everyone together to make these for 3-4 hours also. Who's game? And, anyone have any connections for supplies that stores might be willing to donate? Does anyone have gift ideas for boys?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hi Jen. that sure would be nice if you could get home in time for the wedding and not have to go back. Let me know when you're going to back your hair thing-a-ma-bobs. I'll help if I can.
My girls and I could show up to help. I just don't know what to do for boys...I'll think on it. I'd ask Alex but I don' think I can get him to understand what I'm asking.
Jen...you are amazing! I can FEEL the excitement as I read the post. I'm so excited for you. I can't wait. Oh, I wish I could fly out there and stay just 1 day with you and your family! You are in our prayers here. All will work out. Keep having faith!!! Love you!
In the past some families have made wooden cars and trucks for the boys. If you know someone who has woodworking tools and the know how that might be an idea.
You could see if you could get baseball hats donated. The car thing would work well too if you can find someone with the skills.
I am SO excited for you guys that the time is getting so close. I hope it all works out in a more timely manner than usual so things go smoothly with the wedding plans.
Post a Comment