After we had referral documents in hand we headed back to the apartment for dinner and to finish packing. Irina picked us up at 10:20 and we boarded the train with Elena at 11:00 pm. The train ride was 7 hours and we ended in Dneprodzerzhinsk (the town where the girls' orphanage is located) at 6:20 am.
Mike Lawrence, Jen and Drew on the train.
BUTTERFLIES TO FOLLOW.....
Here we are with the girls. It was a special reunion. I was bawling before I even entered the room. I couldn't hug for too long because I was shaking so bad. It was good to see them again. Here are the pictures...
Jen and Masha. You can also see Nastia's arms around our waists.
Nastia and Masha so happy!
Masha signing her paperwork that she knows we will have to come back to adopt her next year. She signed that she understands we will only be taking Nastia and she gives her permission as a sibling.
Nastia writing her letter that she wants to be adopted by Drew and Jennifer Benson (mama and papa). It took her an hour to write a one paragraph letter. The orphanage lawyer had to help her letter by letter to write the document.
Nastia's bed.
The bathtub in the girls' bathroom in their dorms. It looks very comfty!
We left the orphanage late afternoon after lots of hugs. The girls made us promise we would be back tomorrow. We told them, of course. We will be back. The Lawrence's and we are putting together items to do with the kids tomorrow. We hear it is rather fun entertaining a huge group of orphans. We should have fun!
10 comments:
They both look so happy! Tell them auntie Diana says Hi! I read this post to mom and had to pause a few times as I got choked up....! So happy right now you for guys!
I just loved the pictures, the girls are darling!! I'm so glad you made it safe and sound : )
Same place, different face. I look at your pictures and relive my own experience. How exciting for you.
Thats so exciting. The girls look so happy to have you guys there.
What a wonderful time for you and your family.. Dreams coming true for you guys.
Question,,, sorry we are out of the loop, How come you couldn't bring both girls home?
Dale and Susan
Oh Jen! How fabulous!! Of course you cried, you've been waiting for this moment for over SEVEN months!
I hope everything goes smooth and I'm glad you're trying new foods. What apartment are you in?
Tell Masha and Nastia "Hi" from Alex and I.
Wendy
We're in Constantine's apartment. We just met him last night. He brought the wireless router for the internet and took our water jug to fill. He seems very nice. I don't think I've met anyone that hasn't mentioned you...you made a very positive impression on people here. I'm not sure I can live up to it!:)
I am very happy for you, and enjoying reading your story. We adopted a little girl last year from the same town, but from the baby orphanage. I hope you post pictures of the town, we were there in the winter and did limited sight seeing!
Best of luck in your journey.
Jen...I cried at the pics! The girls are just beautiful and I know that you and Drew are doing the right thing. It will be hard at times....but it is totally worth it seeing all those beds and knowing that you and Drew are blessing the lives of 2 more of Heavenly Fathers children and showing them ultimate love!
Good to see current pictures of the girls, they look so happy. They definitely are to be part of your family. Sleeping…. I suspect it’s like Christmas Eve for you right now, how can you sleep with such wonderful present’s on the way.
David & Eldie
Post a Comment