We paid at the front for the five of us. Drew, Jen, Masha, Nastia and Ruslan. They gave the adults cards to swipe and the kids bracelets. We weren't allowed to wear our own sandels into the locker and pool area, so we had to rent their sandels at the front. The sandels they gave me were more dirty than the sandels I already had on. A little counter productive if you ask me...
The lady that gave us our shoes, then gave each of us a number card. We, then, used our cards and bracelets to punch through the gates that led to the locker rooms. Once we got up to the locker room, the lady counted how many number cards we had and gave us one locker key per card. We changed into our swim suits with this lady on our heels the whole time. She asked if we had soap to shower with (the girls feet were filthy) and we told her no. She came a minute later with a bottle of soap and a sponge to scrub with. She followed us into the shower area and told us to get back out of our swimsuits! I pretended I didn't understand what she was saying...:). I did not get undressed, but our kids did. I scrubbed Nastia down really well, I was glad to have her under a shower. The lady watched to make sure that we all scrubbed sufficiently and fortunately didn't make me dress down. Both Ann and I would have refused if she asked us again.
Finally, we were able to go to the pool. A lady inspected our skin to make sure we were sufficiently clean. She made me lift up my top to show my tummy and back and that I was indeed clean there as well! I thought it was hilarious. What a huge to-do, just to be able splash around in an olympic sized lap pool. They only allowed us to play in one 20x20 foot corner of the pool. Even then, they didn't like too much noise from the kids, or much splashing. We only played for 45 minutes before all the kids had had enough. I don't think we will be going back there again.
Today we took water balloons, which the kids loved. We ate lunch at the orphanage again, then afterwards went to Potato House for ice cream. It was a pretty uneventful day. But we do have news that the Lawrence's and we both have court together on Friday at 9:00 am. This is very fast for the Lawrence's, but the courthouse closes next week for two weeks and Oxana begged and pleaded that the judge allow us to do it together with promises that she would have all the paperwork ready. She has been pretty amazing!
With court on Friday, our ten day waiting period will start on Saturday. This means that there is a chance that we might be able to complete this whole process before my brother's wedding in July. We will be cutting it really close, but it is looking very likely. We are praying that they are able to because I do not want to have to fly back again in July. We'll have to reschedule several of our plane tickets, but it will be worth it, if we only have to be here once this summer!
Thanks for following our blog! Thanks for your comments...it means so much to us!
Here are pictures to update Sunday thru Tuesday.
Drew, Masha, Jen and Nastia outside the door to the church in Dnepropetrosk. The girls were dressed in dresses from their grandma's home. This was good because we were able to keep their dresses we brought clean for court on Friday.
Jen, George, Drew and Nadiya at Nadiya's home. This is the bedroom that Constantine is staying in. The bed looks more comfortable than what we are sleeping on...:).
8 comments:
that's crazy about the showers...and the whole pool thing! sounds like you guys are having a blast none the less...keep your chin up...love ya
Sounds like a big hassel to just go swimming. Can you imagine having to do all that with your three boys and two girls haha! I love all the pictures!
Great post!
I bet Konstantine's bed at Naydia's is more comfortable. Are you on the "master" bed? (We slept upside down-it was more comfortable then with our heads the other way.) The couch bed in the "office" I thought was way more comfortable.
Cute picture of O&O! Tell them hello from me!
Love,
W
Wow, I thought we were germ crazy but I guess it could be worse. What an adventure that would be if you had to do that every time you went swimming! Sounds like you are having a great time with the girls!
Thanks so much for "babysitting" for us on the pool day. I can't imagine how much harder this experience would be without you guys here.
WOW, all kinds of crazy things. Swimming must be a hastle there. Sounds like the girls needed a good scrubbing. Thanks for the updates. I love reading all the posts. Love you!
Hey Drew and Jen,
I got to talk to your mom on Sunday and I hadn't read your blogs at that point with girls camp and all but sound like things are going well, all except the having to go back and not getting to bring both girls back at this point but there must be a reason for it.
Swimming sounds like a big ordeal! Just enjoy everything while you are there because it will soon be in the past. I still can't believe we have been home for 9 months now. Good luck with your court date!!! Our prayer are with you!
Umm...hello? I'm getting worried about you, you haven't posted in awhile.
Love,
Wendy-The Blog Nazi!
Post a Comment