I tell you, today has been one of those days! Yes, I know, I haven't posted for a while (to all of those blogging Nazi's out there :))! But, wow, this has been quite the transition. I just haven't found the time to blog.
I knew it would be hard, but it really is VERY hard. I think I jinxed myself yesterday when I was telling the rest of the Save-A-Child parents at the lunch that Nastia is so sweet and easy. She had some difficult weeks to begin with but learned quickly the things I would pay attention to and the things I wouldn't. The tattletaling thing is better.
She is still a pretty easy child considering what others have gone through. I feel very blessed. My frustration today doesn't have to do with her as much as all of the children together. I feel like I am being pulled so many directions every minute that it starts to wear my patience very thin. When my patience is thin, I don't do well with keeping my voice down. This of course accelerates every problem for everyone else and makes my problem worse! Oh, boy, what do I do?!
We are doing pretty well, all things considered. I can't complain too much. I need a good night's sleep and things will be better again in the morning. One day at a time is my motto these days. I will hopefully update about all of the happenings for the last month within the next week. I want to try and get pictures up of Nastia's transformation. She really does look different from all of the pictures at the orphanage. Her hair and clothes are clean and well trimmed. You'll like seeing the change.
I knew it would be hard, but it really is VERY hard. I think I jinxed myself yesterday when I was telling the rest of the Save-A-Child parents at the lunch that Nastia is so sweet and easy. She had some difficult weeks to begin with but learned quickly the things I would pay attention to and the things I wouldn't. The tattletaling thing is better.
She is still a pretty easy child considering what others have gone through. I feel very blessed. My frustration today doesn't have to do with her as much as all of the children together. I feel like I am being pulled so many directions every minute that it starts to wear my patience very thin. When my patience is thin, I don't do well with keeping my voice down. This of course accelerates every problem for everyone else and makes my problem worse! Oh, boy, what do I do?!
We are doing pretty well, all things considered. I can't complain too much. I need a good night's sleep and things will be better again in the morning. One day at a time is my motto these days. I will hopefully update about all of the happenings for the last month within the next week. I want to try and get pictures up of Nastia's transformation. She really does look different from all of the pictures at the orphanage. Her hair and clothes are clean and well trimmed. You'll like seeing the change.
Here's a picture of her holding Drew's on the way to the first day of school.
7 comments:
Jen, you're doing so great. I'm a hollerer too. You should hear me sometimes. I wanted to visit with you and hear all about your joys and frustrations with Nastia. Can we go to lunch sometime again?
Hurray! It's me the blog Nazi saying thanks for blogging! Nastia does look like a new child. So cute and clean. I'm right with you and Lori, I holler and once I get started I just keep hollering all the while knowing it's not really helping but while I'm yelling it sure feels good. It's after when I regret it! Sort of like eating chocolate cake!
Good to see you at lunch. If you and Lori go again, I'd love to tag along seems like we just don't have enough time to catch up.
W
Yay....Hang in there Jen....Heaven knows I've been there....and that's with 3 kids. Know you are loved by so many...especially me!!! Miss you
Glad to know you are just that human. Thanks for being honest about the whole transition. "Have faith, keep up the good hard work, things will work out."Pres. Hinkley.
Day by day? Sometimes it's hour by hour. For better or for worse, those are the days that we will laugh about later and hardly believe were that bad. I try to remember that baby steps will keep me sane and still get me to the same destination as the giant steps I want to rush forward with. Of course I still have those "bad mommy" days that I would love to erase...
Love the post! It's so true what you say. 'All things considered...' is so important for me to remember too. It was good to chat with you at lunch! It's good to know how everyone is doing and the ups and downs that go along with it all.
Jen, I know you thought I would never comment. I think we all feel that way. Life is crazy. I love Anastasia, she is happy, you can tell.
Post a Comment