I have been emailing Adoption Way for about two weeks now trying to find out whether our dossier was submitted or not. I don't know why we haven't heard from them, besides maybe they went to Ukraine for the Ukraine Christmas?? Even with that, I would think they would tell us if they weren't able to respond to voice messages and emails for two whole weeks. I guess not. So, here we are the 8th of January and I'm not sure if it is submitted or not. I was able to FedEx it Dec. 22nd to Ukraine. This is a story worth telling....I picked the documents up from the capitol and we went straight to Drew's work to scan all of the documents into his computer. From there I headed to the FedEx near my home. They had already picked up the FedEx for the day 15 minutes earlier (this was about 5:45 pm). They told me to go to the one on State Street. I did and I had missed their pick-up by about 10 minutes also. They told me to go the next nearest FedEx which wouldn't pick up for 25 more minutes. So in the middle of a snow storm with 4 very hungry children in the back seats and with terrible traffic I headed to the FedEx (that on a good day should only take 10 minutes to get there). I broke a few traffic laws and drove over a couple curbs to get there on time just to find a flyer on their front door that said FedEx was picked up an hour early today because of severe weather and traffic conditions! I wanted to scream!! In the end, I paid for economy FedEx because they said Express would still only get my package to Ukraine by Dec. 30th. I figured what was the point of paying $50 more to not get it there in time. So I opted for January 6th, knowing now that we wouldn't find out until late February when we will travel in March for Masha.
As it turns out, Economy FedEx got the package there by Dec. 29th. And we wondered if Irina then had enough time to get it submitted before the SDA stopped taking new dossiers. We are still wondering.
That is where we are with adoption stuff.
Anastasia is still sweet and helpful and works hard. I am still growing and learning as well. The family is pulling together (sometimes really well, other times surviving).
Here is what we've been up to the last month. I'm not able to break this habit of mine, only updating once a month. Oh well. At least I get around to it eventually.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love your catch up posts! And blogging once a month is better than not blogging at all!!
What a sweet family and that Anastasia is so dang cute-like I said you wouldn't know she wasn't originally yours!
So sorry to hear about the wait and the unknown. UGH....I do not envy you in the least. I hope you hear soon where things are.
Crossing my fingers that everything goes through smoothly. How frustrating to out of contact for two weeks! That must feel like forever.
Your family looks beautiful. I don't have your address...will you email it to mindthemommy@gmail.com so I can send you a late Christmas card?
Post a Comment