We went to church today again in Dnipropotrosk. We were a little late to the meeting but found our way alright after being there last week. Having the car has been nice for us to be able to go where we want, when we want but it did take a little getting used to the driving culture. We now know where the cops usually park themselves and we know what potholes we can skim over and the ones we have to crawl over. I think I have a life of adventure ahead of me with Drew, who really enjoys his independence. The driving has been an adventure for sure. I think there is good reason for us being the first family to drive ourselves around and probably the last. :)
Like I said, we were a little late to the meeting but we did make it for the sacrament and the rest of the meeting and afterwards took pictures with all of the sweet missionaries. They are so fun to be around. We asked them to give Masha the first discussion during the Sunday School time. Of course, they were happy to oblige and we had a wonderful hour with the sister missionaries teaching her. A couple of the Elders translated for us, one of them being the one that was adopted from Russia. They showed the church movie about Joseph Smith and the Restoration and it just made me ball. Masha looked at me and wondered, "What is up with my mom???" Whenever I feel the spirit, I can't help but cry. It's the way I've always been. So it was a special hour and Masha seemed receptive to what they had to share with her. Masha said the senior companion (Sister) that led the discussion was very pretty. I hope she got a little more from it than just that! I'm sure she did.
After the discussion we walked around the main street for a little while and then headed home. It was funny when we pulled up to the apartment Drew said, "You never thought we would call a place like this home sweet home, did you?" It is so true though. We have come to feel at home in Constantine's apartment and to be near the apartment makes me feel safe. I feel safest when I am inside the apartment. It is very funny to think, though, that I could ever consider a place like this home.
The garbage outside is horrendous! With all of the snow melting off, it has revealed all of the trash that was trapped under it. It is such a mess right now, much worse than last summer. And, it is muddy, muddy, muddy. Half the time I don't know if I'm in just mud or if I'm stepping in dog pooh also. Alas, this is home!
We watched movies, knitted and did email. Pretty lazy day again, but nice.
We missed the blessing for our new little nephew today. Major bummer, wish we were there with the rest of the family! Hope you all enjoyed yourselves.
4 comments:
Doesn't matter where you go to church, it always brings a sense of peace and comfort. Seeing you all smiling is great.
Hi Jen. I went back through and caught up on your blog. Isn't it nice we have those moments that we know we have done the right thing. Yes, I also have those moments where I think and sometimes say outloud (to Michael), "Why did we do this? Our lives could be so much simpler right now. We could be enjoying life and doing some of the things other couples our age are doing." It sounds like you're up to your knees in mud and trash. I love that the judge thought you were the daughter. I'm happy to hear Masha is so open to your teaching. We also are in the midst of the missionary discussions. The grandmother sounds so DRAMATIC, but I guess I might feel the same way. Loved the pictures and have fun with Masha while you have her to yourself.
Our son Elder Anderson wrote in his email today about the sister missionaries teaching your Ukrainian daughter and then his companion and him translating for you. Brian said it was very special lesson. thank you for allowing the missionaries to be part of your experience. Wishing you the best with your daughter Marsha, Diane Anderson, mom to Elder Anderson
We missed you too but you are doing something so important that I guess we can forgive you :) Jk! Hope you guys are doing good. Can't wait till we can finally meet both of the girls! May can't come soon enough!
Post a Comment