Monday, May 9, 2011

Sneaky Boys

I tucked the boys (Bryce and Tyler) into bed one evening last week and minutes later Drew arrived home. He and I got to talking in our bedroom, our door closed, and after a few minutes heard footsteps and doors opening and closing in the hallway. I figured the boys just needed to go the bathroom and then went back to bed. Drew and I continued talking, probably for another 30-45 minutes, so it's getting near 9:00 now. Drew went in thier room to get the humidifier to refill it for the night (they've had colds and yucky coughing at night). When he goes back in the room, he comes out and says, "Jen, I don't see any boys in those beds." He double checks and sure enough the boys are gone. Drew opens up the door to the toy room and who does he find??? The two of them watching a movie with the volume turned way down, so that they won't get caught. Bryce says to dad, "We couldn't sleep dad, so we decided we needed to watch a movie." When did our 5 and 7 year olds get to be so smart and sneaky? Those two...:).

No comments: