Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Labor and Delivery

I went back to my old unit for the first time since I quit work there.  I sure do miss it, but I was there for a different reason this time.  It's time for my baby!  Drew and my mom said I was very awnry when I told the staff at the front desk that I needed to be put in a room.  My midwife had called and said she would have one waiting for me.  They tried to send me to OB Emergency and I refused.  I was a little awnry, I suppose, but when you hurt and you're overdue, it doesn't always make for a happy combination.  I have a lot of sympathy for pregnant women in their last month.  It really can be a challenge!  So, that's okay, that I was pushy, I was pregnant.
 My midwife with Rylee and I.  This picture was probably taken sometime  near 5 or 5:30 am.  Yep, an all nighter.
 Rylee, under the warmer, getting her measurements taken.
 Drew doing counterpressure on my back.
There's a reason they call it LABOR and delivery.

No comments: