Monday, July 13, 2015

Church History Tour July 8-20, 2015

These are lots of pictures of our church history tour.  I'm finally just downloading pictures with some very brief comments, otherwise, I'll never get this done! 
 pic outside the palmyra temple.
 one of the churches on the four corners in Palmyra.

 Hill Cumorah pageant.  The kids silly smiles are because I just danced for them, trying to get Tyler to actually smile and not look grumpy.




 We're famous!
 Outside the Kirtland Temple.

 Newel K. Whitney Store.  The following are pictures of the different buildings in Kirtland.






 bread oven, so cool!
 Tyler-our only casualty on the trip.


 Ouch!













 Our one detour on the trip, to Cedar Point Theme park.  The kids loved the roller coasters. This happened to be my birthday and I couldn't enjoy a single ride because of being pregnant!  Urgh!!  I'm glad the kids had fun though, it was the highlight of their trip.



 We found a park in Palmyra with all the fun play equipment I remember as a kid.
 We really played hard and had to crash periodically!  These are the boys waiting for the older of the group to finish baptisms.

 Top of Hill Cumorah.


 Outside the Johnson home.





 Time for a movie to unwind.









 The beginning of photos from Nauvoo.
 Emma and the girls
 I LOVE, love, love, this baby rocker.  I want one!
 Brigham Young's underground cellar. 

 Nauvoo temple.
 Inside the Kirtland temple.
 Horse drawn carriage ride through Nauvoo.


 Kid play area.  Rylee loved it. Isn't she adorable!!





 Bullet hole in the door at Carthage jail, where Joseph Smith and his brother Hyrum were killed.

 The Nauvoo pageant.
 Rylee and Tyler snuggling after a long day.
 We pulled/pushed a handcart.  It was muddy!


 The Women's garden.
Rylee and her dolls.  She was so drawn to every doll she could find while on this whole 12 day tour.

 Hauns Mill massacre memorial.





 Four corner stones at the Far West temple site.

 Outside the Kansas City temple after baptisms.

 Pictures of Liberty Jail.





 RLDS temple and property.  They've renamed "Church of Christ".



No comments: