The last couple weeks have just been going to school, meeting the new ward, and trying to get used to the differences between here and Utah. I have had a hard time school here. They do IB schooling here which I guess is just an advanced program. My classes are math, science, english, music, french, arabic, humanities, PE. Then I have advisory and study. Advisory is basically them giving us information about various things, and study is a full class period a week of getting homework done. Learning french and arabic at the same time has been difficult. I have been ok with french but arabic is hard. I don't have letters to relate to and the sounds are a little bit different. In arabic you also have to write left to right. My hand is rebelling every time I try to write something. My other problem is that it is hard to keep up with so much homework. Our schedules are really weird and makes it hard to keep up with everything. Sometimes I have five days between when I have math one time and when I have it again. By that time I don't remember what we were talking about. As a tenth grader I also have to worry about my personal project. It is a big project that I can literally do what ever I want. I think I am going to write a song but I have to make it really difficult. It is a year long project with a lot of components. It is always nagging at the back of my mind while I have other classes to worry about. That is how school is going.
After school all of us kids have varying extracurricular activities. I made my school soccer team and have practices sunday afternoons. Remember we go to church on Fridays here. Practices are really hot. We have usually been playing in 100 degree to 105 degree weather. I am getting used to it though. Anastasia made the water polo team. Tyler is doing robotics club. Bryce is doing instrumental class and choir class.
I am enjoying the war so far here. Everyone tells us that before this summer we had no youth in our ward. There was an explosion in the ward. Now we have one priest, three teachers, and four deacons with more on the way. We have at least as many young women. I am most excited about our youth conference to the Philippines in January or February.
The craziest thing/weirdest thing we have done so far was eat camel meat. It doesn't taste bad. It is tougher meat. The weirdest thing is that we put the camel meat on our tacos. I think it could have used a little salt but besides that camel meat isn't bad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment