Sunday, October 4, 2015

Corniche Beach

We went to Corniche Beach, which is downtown Abu Dhabi, with a couple other families from the ward last night.  We commenced the night with the 8 pm session of General Conference, where every one of us fell asleep!  We're going to have to re-watch it come Friday when they have us scheduled to watch the conference as a stake.  I watched both Saturday sessions today while the kids were at school, and can I just say, I love this church!  More on that later.

The water was so warm and the weather perfect!  Such a beautiful beach.

 JR and Lucy
 Bryce
 Beach at sunset.

 Rylee and Anastasia

 The boys building a sand castle.
 Swimming in the Arabian Gulf.
 You can see the towers and part of downtown in the background.  The fogginess is the humidity in the air.  Sometimes the humidity is so bad you can hardly see a mile away.
 Soccer on the beach.  They ask you to leave the water at sundown for safety.  Jellyfish come in closer to shore after sundown as well.




 JR and Bryce very sandy from soccer and tripping up.

Super fun day!  Everyone enjoyed it and we were all tuckered out by the time we got home.  Oh, and we ate Shawarma from ShiShawarma, a middle eastern dish, for dinner.  It's a pita type bread stuffed with rotisseried beef steak or chicken with other vegetables and a mild sauce.  They were delicious!  It was too dark at this point to get a picture of the meal-maybe next time!

1 comment:

Dwight and Hazel Ann Bangerter Rimmasch said...

Jennifer and family,
I love reading your blog, especially seeing pics of you all. Looks like you have found another drop dead gorgeous spot of God's lovely earth. I can't believe the Mosque is soooooo white! Wow! and the fabric store, oh my, I could spend hours and hours looking at and feeling all the beautiful fabrics.
We are enjoying a beautiful Indian Summer. In fact, it seems a little odd putting out all of the Halloween decorations when it is still 80 degrees, but I'm not complaining.
I am sure you know by now that Don Brown was killed by a Trax train last week, very sad. All is well in our corner of the world. Nice to see a family occupying your home and next door in Holman's home.
I cannot tell you how very much I miss you. Hugs to you! - Hazel