We are in Ukraine! It felt so amazing to finally be back after so many years. Even though I was so young when I was adopted, I could still remember some of the places and people that we saw. I really loved seeing my family again. Coming back to Ukraine I got to see it with brand new eyes. Many places looked familiar but so much smaller and poorer. It opened my eyes to noticed that once it all looked normal to me and now I see how blessed I am. Like I already said I loved seeing my family, and see how much they have changed. I loved seeing babushka again, and I couldn’t resist from crying. I loved being able to see someone that is very important to me. She remembered who Masha was, but not so much me because I have changed so much. I look very similar to what my mother looked like, so babushka called me by my mothers name at first. I really wish I still remembered the language Ukrainian, but hopefully I will learn it soon. But I loved the whole trip, and hope to do it again only a longer trip this time.
Driving in Ukraine
Beautiful sunset with the snow that we haven’t seen in so long
Anastasia and Kristina
Her and I were best friends when we were younger. We did everything together and shared many memories.
Masha and Kristina
Lily and Tonya
Masha, Tonya, and Mom
Masha and our sweet little Lily
Our family at the Ukraine temple
The beautiful temple
Masha and Veronica
Mom, Masha, and Veronica
They all went on a walk to some place, and left me behind. I was quite sad
Masha, Natasha, and Anastasia
Masha, Alyona, and Anastasia
All of us together
They used to be a big part of our life. I want to say that I was raised here, because I remember spending so much time in this house. We also have many memories doing lots of things together.
Masha and I with their kids
Masha and Veronica
Veronica and Anastasia
Veronica is an amazing person. She also pretty much raised us, I remember doing so many different things with her. I was super sad to leave her, she was super fun and helpful.
Masha, Lily, Veronica, Anastasia, and J.R.
Lily and her love for cats
Meeting babushka! It was so much fun, and at first we were afraid that we were going to give her a heart attack. But luckily we didn’t give her a heart attack so we were able to talk to her. She told us a funny story. She looked at Masha and said “Masha I have joined a cult.” Then she said how they kept coming to her and making sure she was ok and that they just would not leave her alone. Then Masha says back to her “ Babushka we part of that cult” It made all of us laugh
Babushka and Masha
Masha, Babushka, and Anastasia reunited
This one is including Tyler
All of us listening to babushka sing
Lily was a little scared to see a new person around
She made Masha sit on her lap
The lady to the left was our orphanage director. I really liked her, she was kind to us. Her husband was to the right of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment