Saturday, August 5, 2017

Varsielles, France By J.R.

Hey this is J.R., here to give my thoughts on versielles france. 
Here we are at the temple in france. It doesn't really look that much like a temple and is very unique. The grounds were very beuatiful and below you can see a statue of christ that serves as a center piece of the garden. 

All I can say is lily is pretty dang cute. 
Here is a nice panaormic veiw of the temple grounds. 
There was a little museum with a replica of the temple inside. 
And again... Lily is pretty dang cute.
Christ is hugging us, because he is always there for us. At least that was the idea. We are a little big and don't quite fit inside. but ya, he's hugging us. 


Our camera man worked really hard to get in position to take that picture. It involve laying down in his church clothes. He seemed to be used to it. I think he does it a lot... for tourists like us. 

and the temple pics keep coming

and coming
and coming
K I'm done now. 
What a beautiful family.... All those church clothes I'm wearing? Ya I left them in france... with my family... On accident. Ya... My mom gave them away in Abu Dhabi. Didn't even ask me. I really liked that tie. Thanks mom! 

Aw ok... one last pic of the temple and then on to the palace in Versielles. There is no auto correct on this so every time I spell that name I have to check it several times. 

The palace itself is really cool with all the giant murals on the walls and ceilings. There are huge rooms with beautiful chandeliers and lots of other interesting things. It's just kind of sad to think about the effect it had on people outside the palace. I mean... the royals had it all and must not have cared what was going on around them. Just one more thing to remember. My mom was in a wheel chair. You see that cobble stone road? We had to push her through that. I am very sorry for my mom for hurting her knee. That was not fun. But I feel sorry for the rest of too. It wasn't easy. 

Beautiful artwork 

this just shows some of the fine stonework shown throughout the palace. 






We probably look happy during this photo. We are probably faking it. Keeping that many people together in a crowded palace isnt always fun... or easy.... especailly with the little ones. 
This was the ball room I think... 
Of course J.R. need his selfies. I didn't write that part. But ya I needed my selfies. 



This is a pic from the gardens. They were huge... like really big... and they just kept going. Woulda been the best hide and seek ever. 

Heck ya! Ice cream for days! and it's lily so even tho she is making a mess it's still cute.  

and apparently we needed more pics of that. 
and more...
So now it's later in the day and we were able to go out into the gardens. 

Another panorama where you show up on both sides of the pic. Because reasons. Don't judge us. 
Bryce has a new friend. Ya I didn't write that. Its actually known as a leash. To make sure bryce doesn't.. you know... wander off and get lost. He tends to do that. We almost lost him in england. We aren't risking it this time. But ya we will let him think its a friend. 

A look at one of the many fountains found in the garden. Like there were probably ten of them. This isn't even the biggest one. Not by a long shot. 

The revealing greek statues. It's just culture. Ignore it. Because art. Just focus on the fine people to the left. 
Welcome to the giant hedge maze. That was my favorite part of the garden. 

The sun is starting to set and we have seen maybe a quarter of the garden. Thats after about an hour. 
two road diverge and I took the one less traveled. Except there is one road... and everybody traveled it. I was gonna try to write something deep. I think I'm just getting tired. A little personality never hurt did it? 

 and this is why the hedge was my favorite. Because it opened up to greek central. I'm kinda glad we don't have a close up on the statue. 
One of the bigger fountains. 
There was a little fire show. It's kinda hard to see but... fire. Nothing ever went wrong with fire. 


and if something did go wrong with fire. I'm pretty sure the amount of water in these fountains would cancel it out. 


Turned out to be a pretty great day. And this is kinda sad for me. This was my last day of touristing before I left for college. By the time I'm writing this I've finished my first semester of school and I gotta say. I really miss traveling with my family. They went to germany without me. And now I know how everyone feels when they see my instagram posts from other countries. I am really truly sorry. 

No comments: