This is Nadiya, the orphanage director, with Nastia, Masha, Lena, and Katya. All girls from her orphanage. I thought you might enjoy seeing a picture of whom I was talking about in the text below. Nadiya is an amazing woman. She works so hard to give these children everything they need.

This is our group on top of the Conference center. Their first morning in the States. In order from left to right, Oksana (the interpretor, that was with us for the first week), J.R., Nastia, Jen, Masha, Drew and Bryce, Nadiya (orphanage director, also with us for the first week), and Tyler.
Masha at temple square.
This is our group on top of the Conference center. Their first morning in the States. In order from left to right, Oksana (the interpretor, that was with us for the first week), J.R., Nastia, Jen, Masha, Drew and Bryce, Nadiya (orphanage director, also with us for the first week), and Tyler.
Masha at temple square.
Masha at the horse riding activity. She and Katya took off with my camera and were taking all kinds of pictures of one another. This was one of the pictures. I think this is a beautiful picture of her.
Well, a couple things! First of all, we tried to call the girls this morning and what a bummer, they didn't know where to find the girls at!!!!!! Well, actually, the orphanage director wasn't there at that time and the secretary told us to call back the same time the next day. So we are going to try again tomorrow morning. Hopefully the director, Nadiya, will have the girls there waiting for us to call. That would be so fantastic.
The way the calling works is we have to do a three way call. First to the translator, a returned missionary who just recently got back from a mission in Ukraine. I'm sure he is getting so tired of all of these families! There have been quite a few of us needing his assistance these last few months. Then, we make the call to the orphanage and connect all three of us on a conference call. So, anyway, we will see how it works tomorrow. I am so excited to talk to them.
Then next, I got wonderful news from my mom. She let me know that she has permission to take an entire month off of work! The director of her office said she could have the time to come stay our boys while we are in Ukraine. I am really excited about this. That will be so much better for the boys while we are away, to be able to stay home and have their routines pretty much be the same. I was thrilled about this news! Thanks mom!!!!
5 comments:
What a awesome Mom! I'm so sorry about your phone call. I'm sure when Naydia's there it will go smooth. No letter? Talk to you soon!
I know it sounds odd, but you may want to consider recording the call next time you call Ukraine (speaker phone and a recording device). Then on days when you need a dose of your girls, play it back for some comfort. It would also be memories for the girls to hear when they are finally here with you.
That's awesome! I'm sure I can help out too while you are gone. This is getting very exciting!!
How exciting! I bet mom will have a great time with the boys too! Poor dad will be all alone though :( So glad you guys added this! Its nice to stay up to date on your happenings.
Hope the next phone call works out. Good luck!
Post a Comment