Thursday, December 11, 2008

We talked to the girls!

How exciting! We talked to the girls this morning, what a treat! They were both a little timid on the phone, but both expressed that they are excited to come back. This was nice to hear. Masha had a hard time expressing herself while she was here, so the timidness was just an extension of that. Also, the translator, Jordan, said that most of the kids are a little timid at first because they are not used to talking on telephones. The telephone culture in Ukraine is more about getting down to business and getting off. So, it was wonderful to talk to them and hear that they really are OK.

I also talked to Nadiya, the director, for a while. She said the girls are going to visit their Grandma this weekend and will be back to the orphange next week. She said that she went to visit their grandma also and tell them about the adoption and their Grandma was excited for the girls. Her grandma approves of us bringing them here. Oh, thank goodness.

Nadiya was really excited to hear from us! It was interesting because we could hardly hear what the translator was saying over Nadiya's excitement. She told us that she wants us to stay with her so she can take as good care of us as we took of her. This was so sweet to hear. But, mostly, it is really reassuring to know that she is backing us up on this adoption. She is taking great care of the girls until we are able to get over there.

What an exciting call. I can't wait to hear more from the girls again. Maybe they'll feel more comfortable sharing if they write a letter. Nadiya said she will have Masha sit down today and write one to us. Which means I will probably get a letter next week!

Well, we'll update once we know what the next step is!

1 comment:

Carlin said...

How exciting! It must have been so fun to just hear their voices. Some days I totally forget about them and others I can't think of anything else. I'm so glad you got to talk to them! AND that they have someone helping them out!