The dossier is the huge pile of paperwork I have been compiling over the last month and it is finally complete! Hooray! My friend, Wendy, called me at 4:30 on Thursday and said she had gotten her last apostilled document from Lousiana and was ready to send her dossier to Adoption Way. We were thinking we might send them together to save shipping costs. So, I look in my mailbox to see if I had all of my documents back from the capitol and sure enough, there they were!
So I frantically start making copies of everything and Wendy meets me at my home at 5:10, she helps me complete the last few items I needed to before putting all of our paperwork in a FedEx box and sending it on its way! So, that's it! We just sit and wait now to find out when our court date in Ukraine is. AAHH, it makes my heart beat nervously just thinking about it. We're almost there!
Now, my challenge on agenda is getting the house ready for two more girls to come! So I'm putting in a plug to whoever reads this blog. We are looking for two dressers and a four-post bed for the girls. (We already have one four-post bed.) If anyone knows someone, or has one themselves that we can buy from them, please let us know! If you happen to see any of these on consignment somewhere let me know!
We also, as most of you know, have only had boys upto this point. So, needless to say, we don't have much in the way of girls clothes. If anyone has hand-me-down clothes that would just go to DI anyway, we could sure use them! Masha is size 14 in pants and Nastia is size 7. We can pay for these if you're looking to get a little for the clothes, just let me know. If we could get at least a few hand-me-downs that will help a ton, to not have to put an entire wardrobe together for two girls would be grand. We plan on taking them shopping when we get back, but only for a couple outfits. Thanks in advance for the help anyone is able to give in this arena!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Ill keep my eyes peeled when I am out. And we are still going to get you the bedsets so count on that from us! I am so excited for you guys! I am sure it is a huge relief to have all the paperwork in! GOod work!
I will so give you hand me downs from Rylee! In fact I have some now. I'll bring to the lunch. I need a bed and dresser too. If I find any fabulous deals, I'll call you!
Check out craigslist.com, I always find great deals there!
Jen, you guys are amazing! Good luck with mothering five. We'll have to come meet your girls when we're out that way next! Love, Mara
Horray! Will and I didn't see eachother last night so I will try to take a picture of the beds tonight!
We'd love to have visitors! Any and all. There's plenty of room for anyone coming our way. I know Mara has family in the area she'd probably rather stay with. But, anyone else--you're welcome to stop in!
I have a dresser you can have-wood with 4 drawers. You can come and get it any time-probably the sooner the better. (I used to have another that matched until some energetic kids tipped it over and broke the top drawer)
Yeah for you!
What a relief to have that paperwork in. I am so excited for you guys to be on your way.
I do a lot of hand-me-downs in between my daughters, but have come up short sometimes for the only boy. I have gotten great ebay deals for his clothes. Really nice condition used lots with more name brand clothes than my girls usually get, and for great prices.
Post a Comment