Wednesday, January 7, 2009

AAAaaahhh.....

Well, that is how I am feeling right now after the rat race of keeping up with three children and all of their friends. Don't get me wrong, I love being a mother and I love what I do, but after cleaning up goo from the carpet, cleaning two sets of diarrhea pants and underwear on my 5 year old (and spraying him off in the shower), keeping little hands out of the snack cupboards (x100, today alone), trying to get caught up on months worth of ironing, and on and on and on, I sure am glad to have some time to myself!

I wanted to add that our family did have a wonderful holiday season. It is bitter-sweet to have it all end. I love the feelings and mood of the holidays, I'm sad to see them leave, but thankful for the new year to try and improve and see if I can't find joy in my endeavors. Yes, to find joy in cleaning poop!:)

On a brighter note, the paperwork for Ukraine is finally coming to a close! It has taken a lot of effort and time to put it all together. Yesterday I took 18 documents to the capitol to have them apostilled. An apostille, is a document that authenicates your notary's signature. Every document must be apostilled at $10 a piece. I had the home study, the proof of residence documents, medical releases for Drew and I, our proof of employment for each of us, letter of obligation, petition for adoption, power of attorney x2, criminal record clearances for each of us and a post-placement agreement that says I will keep the Ukrainian government updated about the girls and how they are doing in the United States. My mom obtained our original marriage licenses and had them apostilled in Oregon ( I got these from her in the mail yesterday). Then once I get these back from the capitol offices I can send it all to Adoption Way, they will take one last look at it all and forward it on to Ukraine for translation and submission with the SDA. If all goes well we should hear back from the Ukraine near the end of February with a court date. Usually the court dates are two months out, so that would put us going to Ukraine at the end of April, beginning of May. (If everything runs smooth, and there aren't delays.) Think positive thoughts!

It has been really hard to concentrate on anything but the task at hand. I feel like I am just barely getting the essentials done in all I do right now and not doing anything really well. So it will be nice to have this done and be able to move on.

Thanks to all for the love and support! We have the greatest friends and family!

4 comments:

Ali said...

Well it sounds like you have lots and lots on your plate but I am sure you are handling it like a champ. Glad to hear that things are still moving forward with the girls!

Wendy said...

Eww..poop! Mom's just don't get enough cheers and high-fives!
I'm hoping for my document TODAY! Let me know when you have everything. I'm hoping to FedEx if not tonight, tomorrow!
Thanks for being my friend in the trenches!

Mysticnocturne said...

Hang in there- it sounds like things are getting closer! Cheer! How exciting for you =) Thanks for the nice comment on my hair- you made my day =)

Chandra said...

Hey girl....Keep High hopes! Things will work out in the end and you will be able to sit back and relax and say, "It was all worth it!" We love you and are praying for your family!
I know about the poop! I feel asleep with Alexis and woke up wet- I love when that happens! :) She is potty trained completely during the day....now the trick is to get her trained at night!!! any suggestions...please help!!