Sunday, December 28, 2008

We got our first letter!

Finally, I heard from the girls! We were so excited. The letter is pretty simple, I'm sure those that have teenagers know they usually don't have a lot to say. Nonetheless, it was good to hear from them!

The letter read:

Good Afternoon, Dear mum and dad,

Thank you for your interesting letter. I'm and my sister Nastya write this letter with best wishes for your family.
I'm and my sister thank you for the love and trouble for us. I can never thank you enough. How are you? We are fine and good. Thank you for the good day's to your family.
Soon, the New Year's Day and Christmas and other witner holidays. I would like to invite you to visit me and celebrate traditional holidays, are St. Nicholas's Day, New Year's Day and Christmas.
I'm and Nastya wish you happiness, good very much content our stay your family.
Best regards to everybody!
Don't forget us!
Best Wishes,
Masha and Nastya

It looks like Masha was able to have it translated to English before she sent it. Her copy of the Ukrainian is included with the English wrapped around it. The handwriting looks a little different, so I do think someone helped her. Which is helpful, I didn't have to try and track down a translator!

I'm going to take the letter to church today and have one of the Ukrainian kids in our ward do one more translation though. There is one line at the end of Masha's letter that doesn't look like it was translated with the original letter. It is in different ink and looks like it was added right before she sent the letter. We'll see!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! We'll post some pictures and Christmas info soon!

2 comments:

Mysticnocturne said...

That's a great first letter!

Chandra said...

OH, that's really sweet. I know when Chris translates into Dutch....it doesn't come out exactly how we would say it in English!!! I usually has to do some changing around with the newletter to make it sound correct!
Hope you guys had a fantastic Christmas!
Love to all!