For those of you who are only interested in the adoption updates, you might want to ignore this post. For those of you who are interested in everything that goes on in the Benson household, read on! But, for sure, everyone had better check out the end of this post, because I am very proud of myself. I have done something I never thought was possible for me to accomplish and I'm tooting my own horn a bit!
I have decided that I really do enjoy scrapbooking, but finding the time to document so many family happenings, is not happening. I will probably expand this blog to include all of our family happenings and not just the adoption. I have had friends that have printed their blogs and I think this is a better option for me to journal and get all of my pictures, with commentary, at the same time! What a great idea! So here goes an update that dates back to February.
These are pictures of my boys licking their bowls of every drop of ice cream left! They were taken when we had cake and ice cream for my brother Will's birthday at our home. His birthday was February 6th.
Bryce

Tyler

Happy Birthday Uncle Will! My boys love all of their cool uncles.


Tyler and Bryce enjoying bathtime. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to rotate a picture on blogger yet. Sorry!

Bryce is 3!!! His birthday was February 9th! We went to Mimi's Cafe for dinner. Do you think he is excited?


Bryce blowing out his candles!

JR and Tyler enjoying their dinner.

Tyler's Mickey pancake.

My big 3 year old! He is growing up too fast!

Bryce blowing out the candles on his gluten-free cake! Grandpa Benson and JR in the background. Mom on the side.

Grandpa Benson helping him learn how to use his new computer they bought him!

Bryce with his new gear and scooter! Oh, was he excited to find his scooter hiding in a closet. He is doing really well on it (when it's not snowing!!!!).

Opening Grandpa and Grandma Benson's gift!

JR and Tyler gave him hot-wheels for his birthday.
Mom, I tried to upload the video of Bryce opening your gift, but I can't find it on my computer now. I'll have Drew help me find it tonight and add it later!
JR's first Blue and Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts. He earned his Wolf and you can see him in these pictures pinning me and blowing out the Scout birthday candles! The banquet was held February 12th.


Great Uncle Vance is the one awarding JR his wolf! For those that are not aware, we moved into a ward with Grandma Price, Uncle Vance and Aunt Kelly, and Uncle Bob and Aunt Julene. Then Drew's cousin, Jake is still at home as well. He loves to graffiti out garage windows with Ute hype! Anyway, it is fun being around so much family! Vance, especially, is the life of the party!


Snowmobiling at Strawberry Reservoir for President's Day Weekend. We were snowed out of our trip! We got there Monday at around lunch time and were able to enjoy the rest of that day. It snowed off and on, but everyone was able to get out on the machines and have some fun. Will, Diana, and Colton (my cute little nephew) were there. Alisha and Ada (my adorable little niece) also. Then my youngest brother James, his fiance, Tara and our adopted brother Steve. It was fun! As mentioned, we were snowed out on Tuesday morning and weren't able to play at all that day. The owner of the condos we stayed in said if we wanted to get out of the blizzard he would plow us to the highway. If we waited to leave later that day we would be snowed in and have to stay the night. So needless to say, our trip was cut short. The pictures of the snow storm are below. We could barely see my brothers car 20 feet in front of us. There was so much snow!


The boys trying to keep warm, watching a movie as we snail our way to the highway.

Drew driving in the yucky weather!


This is JR at his Utah Federation Festival. He received superior marks from all of his judges. He received superior last year as well. If he receives superior next year he will have earned his first trophy! We were thrilled with his efforts. He did a great job! You have to love that toothy-cheesy grin!

Since I haven't been able to do anything to bring the girls here sooner, I've tried doing what I can to be ready when they can come home! You can see the dressers and beds I bought on consignment and from neighbors and how none of it matched. I have painted it all black and it looks really great together in the room! We moved JR into his own room on the guest bed. He has to give it up when Grandma and Grandpa come to visit. He was excited to have his own room though.

When the girls were here in October, they stayed in the extra room upstairs. We managed to get two twin size beds into the room, but it was really squishy! So we moved Tyler and Bryce in together on the captian's bed that JR and Tyler used to sleep on. We moved it from the big bedroom downstairs to the smaller bedroom upstairs. It has actually been really nice having the younger boys just across the hall. I don't have to climb three sets of stairs every morning trying to get Tyler ready for school. Then we have put all of the "new" furniture in the big room downstairs for the girls. Take a look!!



We still have to buy two box springs and another matress and I
HAVE to decorate a little, but otherwise, we're ready! I can't wait!


Go BYU! Basketball pictures...

JR and his friend Jake (Tyler in the background) at a BYU basketball game.

Bryce, me and Tyler. You can't tell but I'm in my painting clothes. Tyler just had to have a picture with mom while I had the camera out taking pictures of the furniture.

Bryce and I.

Drew and I at a game (without children)!
Then, finally, the end of this very lengthy post is our trip to Moab! But, not just for hiking, but for me to run my first half-marathon!!!! It was an amazing experience and has made me realize I actually enjoy running for the first time in my life! I am a testimony to all those that don't think they can run,
YOU CAN! It was so fun! The race was March 21st.

Lisa (my neighborhood running partner) and I just before our race

Lisa, Jake (Lisa's son), JR and Tyler in the RV on our way to Moab.

Drew, dutifully driving the RV.

Bryce enjoying his own little spot in the RV.

Jake, JR and Tyler again!

Lisa and I finishing 13/1 miles! Wow!

At the finish line.

You can almost see our time hanging just below the banner. Our final time was 2 hours and 23 minutes. I wasn't the fastest. My goal for this race was to finish. Next time, I have set myself up for easily beating my old time (I hope:))!

Lisa and I in line for the after race concessions. It felt great to be done!
Afterwards, we hiked a couple small hikes in Arches National Park. The pictures from the hikes are below!









It was a fun weekend!
8 comments:
What a long post! Wow!!! But it was fun to read! The boys are growing so much! The girls room looks awesome! Good work! And congrats on the marathon! Thats so awesome to be able to say you have done it!
Aweseome post!!
I am so proud of you running that martathon and it looks so much more fun to be in sunny Moab then the blizzard you hit!
I LOVE the girls furniture, it looks great! They are going to be so excited. IF I can, I'll log in and show them their bedroom but the internet is so slow there and we have to get in the special computer room and we have to wait for the girls to get back, but if it's at all possible, I will so if you want to post anything else you want them to see, do!
Love,
Wendy
(And I don't know if I'll have a traslator after today but I'll do my best when your girls arrive!)
Major congrats to you!!! You rock! On the bedroom furniture, and especially the half marathon.
Wow Jen, you have been busy! You are an amazing woman and I don't know how you do it all. I am so proud to be able to call you my sister!
YEAH!!! I love the update. I CAN't Believe how big the Boys are getting!!! WOW!!!
Miss you guys so much Jen....loved every single picture!!!
I agree. I hate scrapbooking, and I've decided to post about other family events. I just need you to give me a lesson. How do you put the words between the pictures? My pictures come up anywhere they want.
WOW! What a great post. So much to catch up on. I miss being so far away. Congrats on the marathon, great accomplishment. You have always been able to do anything you set your mind to. I am proud of you. Love the way the girls room is coming together. Good job! Love you, mom
Ashton can't wait to ride scooters with Bryce!
Post a Comment