Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Yea! Great News!

So we heard from two different people today about the girls and how they are doing! Wendy, who is in Ukraine right now adopting a boy from the same orphanage as our girls, saw Masha today and gave her our package. It is such a relief to get any news at all, so we are thrilled. Here is the picture took of Masha with her package and what she wrote on her blog about Masha.

And today I saw Masha!! (I’m sorry Jen, Nastia is sick and still with her grandma, I asked if she’d be there soon and no one could give me an answer so I went ahead and gave Masha your package. She was very shy about looking at it so I tried to show her and get video-I'll send it to you directly-I told her through my great sign lanuage skills to take pictures and bring me the camera’s and I’d take them on the airplane back to you. I'll keep asking about Nastia and try to get pictures of her before I leave. I did post a video of Masha at the bottom of this post.

So Nastia is with her grandma. The other news we heard was from Elliana with the adoption agency. This is what she had to say.
Just to make sure you are updated. Irina and Oleg were at the SDA on Monday, but no luck to get through to the person they needed. On Wednesdays, they can come to her by official appointment (this is her designated appointment day), so Irena made an appointment for tomorrow. Meanwhile, Oleg and Oxana talked to the inspector in the region and from their initial conversation it seems that the region would be ok about adoption of the sisters one by one. But I see that girls are in close contact with their grand mother and I will also check on her attitude toward adoption. Oleg and Oxana are in and out of Dnepro working with the documents for 2 families but they remember about you and get info with each step.

So June it is!!! All the family...we are going! We'll need your help! Yea, I'm so excited! Right after the orphanage director got back from the States last November she went and talked with the girls' grandma. The grandma said she was OK with us adopting the girls. So, at this point, I'm not overly concerned about that, but it will be nice to have it double checked anyway.

Then best of all, I got a letter in the mail again from Masha! She said over and over that she misses us and is looking forward to coming and being in our family. She said she loves us and is excited to start a new life in America! It has been a great day, of good news.

Tomorrow we will hear about Masha's paperwork and if she has officially been registered yet. If she has, the twelve months for her has begun. They are double checking when it did begin, if already, so that we know about when they will invite us back to Ukraine to get Masha next year.

Thank you for all of the prayers. We continue to pray for all of the families that are working through the process, that it will all work out as it should. We know that He has a plan for each of our families and hope each of you are feeling peace.

7 comments:

Chandra said...

WOW Jen!!! What AWESOME news....I think it is so amazing that you and Drew are adopting these precious children of God. I think it is just amazing the ups and downs of the adoption process and you hold it together so well. You have been truly blessed! I think of you often and your sweet family is in our prayers at night! Hang in there....:)

Andreas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andreas said...

Posts like this make us all a little misty-eyed! That is EXCELLENT news, Jen. If you need to go back in Feb, we can all help you make it happen.

Wendy said...

Congrats Jen!! Where you able to view the viedo I posted? She talked again about how much she misses you guys. She is a beautiful, sweet girl!
Yahoo...June. It should be nicer weather here!
Wendy

Lori said...

We are thrilled about your good news. June will be here so fast.

Ali said...

Thats such great news Jen! I am so happy you guys get to go get at least one of the girls!

Mysticnocturne said...

Great update! Hope she has already been registered!!