Monday, April 6, 2009

April 3-6, 2009: San Rafeal Swell (Spring Break)

We love to play and as a final trip with our ToyShare membership we took on of their trailers and two ATV's and went four-wheeling in San Rafeal Swell. We left on Friday afternoon and when we got to the camping area, the snow flakes were an inch and a half in diameter. It was so cold. Drew set up the trailer while the kids and I stayed warm in the car. Hee-hee! We woke up the next morning to everything being covered in snow and way too cold to take the kids out for very long. We took a short ride that Saturday and went back to the trailer to get warm.
Saturday night we ran out of propane. We had to go to town on Sunday and get another tank and on our way listened to General Conference over the radio. For the most part we played games and just hung out together.
Monday, finally, we are able to take a ride through some of the longer trails. This was beautiful and that is where most of the pictures have come from. It really was a gorgeous area to ride in. I think we will return again!
As mentioned earlier, this was our last trip with ToyShare. In fact, Drew just signed the cancellation documents this week. So sad for Drew! :( He really loves playing with ToyShare equipment. But, hopefully, someday again we can afford to do this stuff as a family. Until then...







Notice Bryce's red nose...very cold! Good thing we had a fire to huddle around.





There were some petroglyphs along the main trail at a visitor's site.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Who would have thought? Snow! Looks like the boys still had fun. I didn't notice you in any pictures, I'm assuming-like me-you're always the one behind the camera?

Lori said...

Looks fun. I'd like to hear about Toy Share.

Chandra said...

way fun! Look how big those boys are getting! Crazy! Miss you guys!
Snow in June!!! Welcome to Utah I guess!!! heehee!

Chandra said...

I really appreciate you Jen....I will check and eagerly await news from the Ukraine!!!!
Be safe and Have so much fun!
love you!!!