Sunday, June 28, 2009

Crimea

Just an update to say that we're in Crimea safely and doing well. We are enjoying our time with Oxana, but wish desperately that we could be home with our boys! At least that is the way I feel. I think Drew likes being in Ukraine and could stay another month. I, being the mom, miss my boys! Can't wait to see you this Saturday!

We decided to come down to Crimea because Masha leaves for summer camp this week (Tuesday or Wednesday we believe) and Nastia is spending the time with her grandma. We gave her grandma money to use to do activites together until I come back July 19th and start the birth certificate process. It was too expensive for us to try and rebook our flights for me to stay and finish the adoption before my brothers wedding. Besides, right now, I am happy to be seeing the boys by the end of this week. It will be worth having to fly back just to see my kids back home for a couple of weeks.

Yesterday we rented a car (that we keep until Thursday when we go back to Kiev) and drove with Oxana to Yalta and back to her home in Simferopol. Along the way we stopped at quite a few palaces and cities. We drove through really narrow alley way type streets, that if you put your hands out of the windows you could touch the walls on both sides in some parts. It was fun to see the different homes here. It is a much more resorty type place.

We are staying with Oxana, for which we are so grateful for her hospitality. She has been wonderful to help us find our way around here. We are planning on staying at the beach today and just enjoy the sun and very warm weather that is here. Hello and goodbye to everyone back home! We'll post some pictures of Crimea later.

6 comments:

The Brent Milne Family said...

Wow what an experience! Love the pictures. I'm glad that court went well for you. Your girls are so cute!! See ya soon!
Lucinda

Lisa Mulcock said...

I love reading your blogs and the pictures are awesome!! I'm so excited for your family and the "future" memebers!! You all look so good together. Have a safe trip home!!
Lisa

Nikkie said...

The boys will be very happy to see their Mom too. They are still having fun though, despite missing Mom.

Andreas said...

It's fun following your blog! Now you get to hang out for a breather in Crimea. Enjoy the time with each other. We're glad things are going well for you. You're girls look so happy with you.

DianaCotner said...

I can't believe this time has gone by so fast! So exciting that it is getting closer to bringing Nastia back. We'll see you Saturday!

Amy Rast said...

I have loved reading your blog. You are so cute with the girls. You all look so happy! Crimea is beautiful I'm sure you are enjoying it.