Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Tyler

There are some things your kids say that you just don't want to forget. Tyler has an amazing way of looking at and thinking about the world. He surprises me every once in a while with the things he will say.

Here are a couple examples from this week.

Sunday was fast and testimony meeting. Tyler leaned over to me and whispered that he wanted to "bury his testimonies." I said, "OK. You want to go to the pulpit and share your testimony." He says to me, "No, I already did." He hadn't gone to the pulpit, so I was a little confused. He says, "I did it yesterday in the back yard." It all made sense, he "buried" his testimonies in the backyard yesterday. Too cute, huh.

Then, yesterday, Tyler and I were talking about Drew and I going to Ukraine. I asked him if he was going to miss me. He told me "no." I (Jen) said to him, "Oh, that makes me sad because I am really going to miss you." And finally he said to me, "Mom, I'm not going to miss you because you are bringing back my sisters. I am excited." Oh, I wanted to cry and just hold him forever. What a sweet little boy. He really does amaze me all the time with how his little mind works.

No comments: