Sunday, June 14, 2009

We Made It!

We have arrived in Ukraine and are safe! We got here before the Lawrence's (they ended up sitting on the runway for 5 hours before their plane took off from New York). They were supposed to get into Ukraine two hours before us. Then both of their bags were missing when they landed. Needless to say, their experience hasn't been a good one. I'll let them record the details. But, Drew and I, we are great!! We made it safe with all of our luggage. We have our SDA appointment at 9:00 in the morning tomorrow. We are being picked up at 8:00. We'll let you know how it goes. We appreciate you all following our story! We'll post some more sometime tonight before bed.
We love you boys!! Be good for grandma.
We'll call you as soon as we get our cell phones working in Ukraine.

7 comments:

Ali said...

Glad you guys made it safe! Excited to read about the journey!

Lori said...

Jen and Drew:

I hope we're not driving you crazy already. So glad you're with us. We are going to know each other really well by the time this is over. Love ya.

Wendy said...

So glad you're there and safe! Where is your apartment in Kiev? I know you aren't missing American food yet but the best place to get your last bite is TGI Fridays! It's great!! I'll be watching you blog everyday-post lots!

Amy Rast said...

Glad to hear you are there safe. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Chandra said...

PHEW! Good. Glad you are safe. Next.... Have fun. Enjoy and are very excited to hear more! Love ya!

Julee said...

I'm so excited for you. I hope all goes well.

grandma said...

I love you mom. and keep posting!from J.R.