Saturday, August 22, 2009

Education Week

I am so thankful that my husband sends me on this week long get away. We just started it a couple of years ago and it has proven to be my saving grace. The week is so uplifting and I come away every time feeling like I can go back home and be a better me. I do a lot of self contemplation while I am there. Yes, I attend those lectures that make you feel like you have so much to improve in, but it is done in such an uplifting way that I feel more empowered than I feel discouraged.

Last year and again this year, my friend Liz and I went together. She is an amazing person that always finds the best in people and any situation. We attend many of the classes together and a few on our own. Some of my favorite classes this year were by the following speakers. Brad Wilcox on the Atonement (this class was amazing). John Bytheway on supporting your husband. A square foot gardening class (really good and motivating)! Brother Olgetree on improving your marriage. He was a great speaker and very insightful. He also had a great personality that made the topic fun to learn about. Lastly, Chef Brad, was fun to attend classes with. He talked about whole grains and I learned a lot. I missed his gluten-free class--huge bummer! I'll have to make sure I hit that one next year.

Liz and I have so much fun together. We do a little scrapbooking in the evenings, but mostly we just talk the night away until we can't keep our eyes open anymore. We share things that will never be repeated until we get together again next year. She's the best roomy!

Come join us next year. Be inspired and help us eat our cinnamon bears!

Liz getting her bed ready. We stayed in Helamen Halls again this year.

Liz and I in front of the Y. Go BYU! This school will always be close to my heart. I love it! I always have a nostalgic feeling when I revisit BYU's campus.

No comments: