Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas

I worked from 3-7 Christmas morning and was sure I would come home to a house full of kids waiting to open gifts. The whole family was still asleep! Amazing. So, I being very awake and alert, made the rounds waking everyone up so that I could enjoy my Christmas morning. I love seeing their faces when they come into the room and see the tree and gifts waiting for them.

After gift opening we made Christmas breakfast of gluten-free cinnamon rolls and Eggs Goldenrod. Later, in the early afternoon, Grandma and Grandpa Benson came to visit to see what the kids had gotten for Christmas and to bring us their Christmas greetings. It was nice to see them. Then we had a small Christmas dinner, just us, with the traditional spiral ham and twice baked potatoes. Yum, yum.

We pretty much spent the day with just ourselves, good food and a lot of game playing. It was a nice, relaxing day just enjoying one another.

JR and Tyler just waking up.


Bryce still in his jammies. What a cute smile.

Anastasia with her most beautiful morning do.

The kids in front of the tree with their stockings' surprises.
Gifts from Santa.

Bryce opening a new Lightening McQueen helicopter. He loves Lightening McQueen.

Dad with a gift, finally.

Anastasia with her treasures. She ended up with way more than I remembered buying for her, mostly because I refused to buy anything for her until Christmas. So she finally got those white tights she had been needing since September...

Tyler with his loot.

Bryce and his spoils.

JR and his gifts.

Ready for Christmas dinner. We had to clear half the table of race tracks so that we could eat.

Being silly...and loving being together.

2 comments:

Nikkie said...

Blokus is so fun! Glad you guys had a good christmas.

Jen said...

testing...