I feel a little embarrassed about a little discovery I recently made. Let me just start by saying, it is fun and dare I say, a little addictive, having people leave comments on your blog. It is nice to know that people care and are following what is going on in your life. Well, about two months ago I made some changes to my blog settings that I thought just notified me by email if I received new comments. Apparently, I changed it so that I had to monitor my comments and they won't show up on my blog or email unless I log in and accept them. I have gone two months feeling like my friends and family didn't care about me! I know, it is silly!!! I was feeling all sorry for myself, then I find this spot on my dashboard that says I have 24 comments waiting for me to approve them....OOPS! I really felt stupid!!!! I don't know if this is something I should really admit on the blog, but it was a sweet find and I wanted you all to know that I appreciate your support while we continue down this adoption (family) road.
So, there you go! My confession of the year. Hopefully I won't have too many weak moments like this one. I will be the first to admit that I'm not perfect and unfortunately I have way too many areas that I'm trying to improve in. My own self worth is one of them. I'm working on it, slowly but surely.
Now that that is out of the way. An update on where we're at with getting Masha. I am still waiting for one more form from our government. I submitted the application 5 1/2 weeks ago and I'm still watching for it in the mail. Hopefully it comes this week because I finally really pushed them this last week that I need it and pronto! Once I have this in hand I can take the whole dossier up to the capitol to get it apostilled. After I get it back from the capitol, I can send it onto Ukraine and hopefully have it submitted by the end of December before their offices close for the holidays. If I don't get it in time, I will have to wait until February of next year before I will hear anything from Ukraine concerning when our next travel date will be. I don't want that to happen. I'm hoping to hear sooner than later.
As for Nastia (Anastasia), she continues to progress in leaps and bounds. Just today, she gave the prayer and scripture in Primary. She did really well. I was very proud of her. She still has a very heavy accent, but her speech gets clearer and clearer all the time.
She is reading better than our kindergartner now. Or at least she recognizes more words without sounding them out more quickly than Tyler can. They read together sometimes to give each other some extra practice. She is right where she should be with math. In math she is actually very bright and quick. She continues to get 100% on her spelling tests, even though she is spelling words like duck, quick, luck, and sack now. I have been impressed with her ability to learn. I'm almost wishing now that we had put her with her age appropriate grade because she is doing so well. Maybe at some point we can move her up a grade. We'll see how it goes.
She continues to be my best cleaner. She keeps her room very tidy and takes pride in keeping the cleanest bedroom. She usually helps me with whatever I need without complaining. It is sooo nice because I have at least one child that usually can't help without asking "Why me?."
She is doing so much better with the tattletaling. She doesn't come to me nearly as often as she did in the beginning. We're still working on the whining, but that is getting better too.
I won't say everything is peachy all of the time. But, overall, things are good and we are happy. In fact, just today, we had to have a talk with JR and Nastia about how they treat each other. Those two continue to butt heads and it is maddening! They have set a goal to be better to each other and more than once since our talk earlier today I have heard them working together instead of griping at each other. Thank goodness!
I have some pictures from the last month to update, so take a look!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Testing...
AWE!!! I love the picture at the top! WOW, Jen, look at your family! It's really growing! You guys look great! I feel exactly about that with the Why me...asking, It's VERY Hard to get Ethan to help at times, and then other times, he loves to help!
I miss you and can't wait to see you. When we know the date, we can plan maybe a lunch or going somewhere....:)
Don't be embarassed...makes ya feel any better no one has left anything on mine in a while. And its not a mix up.
PS I love the new family picture on the blog! It looks so good! And glad to hear that Nastia is still doing awesome with you guys! You are a great mom and have more patience than I think I will ever get!
Wow, Nastia is doing so well. I hope you can give me some pointers. That is a very cute family picture.
Such a cute picture of your family. THis is my second comment. THe first one won't appear. I'm so glad Nastia is doing so well. Yahoo.
Jen you crack me up! I do love that you caught on that people do still love you and your posts! I enjoy seeing what you guys do!
Jen-
You are too funny!
I love your new family picture-what a darling family you are building.
I didn't see your post so I'm glad you emailed. (Normally my blog pushes you up to the top when you post but it's being weird!)
I am glad the clothes are getting good use. We'll be sure to send some more!
Good luck with your apostille and submissions, I do hope it all falls together perfect!
Love,
W
Jen,
You have such a sweet family. It's so rewarding to see Nastia smiling to big in those pictures. She's clearly a happy little girl. You gotta feel good about all of that. What a fun Christmas this is going to be for all of you. Everything is so new for everyone.
How is Masha doing? Do these sisters miss each other? We're so excited for chapter 2 of this story. And I'm sure you're so excited for that airplane trip to Ukraine again. :)
Glad to see that Nastia is doing so well. I really admire you...I know you are the big reason she is making such great progress in school and in fitting in with the family. She looks so happy.
Its good that you have a blog so that I can still find out what is going on in your busy life. i feel the same way you did sometimes too. Life is full of challenges. Its good to hear that things are getting a little easier. Good luck with getting Mashia. I hope it happens fast. I sent you a message on Facebook too about SCRAPAWAY. Let me know what you think.
Kristina
What a cute family photo. Nastia and the boys are so cute. I HEART comments too! Happy New Year.
We have missed you at the lunches. I am glad that you guys are doing well - for the most part :) We all have our moments when things aren't "hunky dorey", don't we?
Post a Comment