Monday, January 25, 2010

Adoption Paperwork...Never Complete...

We got an email from Adoption Way last week that one of the offices is now requiring of us three more documents because our dossier did not get submitted before the end of 2009. Hurray! I love spending $45 more for the documents, plus, another $100 to FedEx it so that it can be there by our submission date of February 10th! So, I have completed this last leg of the paperwork last week and am patiently waiting for the documents to be apostilled at the capitol so that I can then forward them on to Ukraine.

At least we know that our dossier didn't get submitted right??? After our dossier is submitted, we should then hear within the first couple of weeks when our SDA appointment will be. Our travel date will be 2-3 days before that, then, 4-5 weeks from that date we should be home from Ukraine with our other daughter! That will put us near the middle of April that the adoption will be complete! But, paperwork, as the title says, will never be complete! It continues on even after we get them here. Granted, it does slow down once they're here and I guess technically, we really don't have any more paperwork once they have turned the sweet age of 18! Gotta love the process!

I called the Lieutenant Governor's Office and they said my documents will be ready in the morning. I hope that gives me enough time to economy ship them to Ukraine, instead of Expressing them. Anyone else out there need to send documents, that we can share the rate???

I've updated again! A few more entries are to follow...

3 comments:

Tiffany J said...

I don't know how i have missed all your postings for like the last 2 or 3 months?! I usually just go to my blog and click on the friends who have updates within the last couple of days. I must have timed my checks so that your blog was never at the top of the list with recent updates. Anyway, it was fun catching up on the last few months of your busy life!

Andreas said...

I'm not sure why your blog is not updating on the main SAC page. We've been having issues with that, and it's something on Blogger's side. I'm glad I checked your blog. You are all submitted, and you await a date...how exciting, again. :) I can't wait to find out when your travel date is. We'll be cheering for you. You are amazing!

Lori said...

Hi Jen. I just went back through and caught up. Wow, I didn't know you were a runner. Congratulations on the half-marathon. I'm glad Anastasia is such a good girl. It sounds like things are going well.