I love running now! I didn't used to...
The endorphins released during a really good run do so much for me. It really has been my saving grace these last few months. The time I have taken for myself has helped me get through everything else that life demands of a mother. Thank goodness I have found the outlet that I need!
Oh, and by the way, Drew said he got teary eyed when he saw me coming toward the finish line. How sweet...:). He was very proud of me. Thanks honey for your love and support!
One funny story is we realized on our way back that this was Anastasia's first long road trip with us. (Not that St. George is really that long.)
She kept on asking us how much longer we would be driving, on our way down. She was the only of the kids that asked. All the others were content with their movie watching and sitting in their seats patiently. I couldn't figure out why she kept asking until it dawned on me that this was probably her longest car ride she had ever taken. She and I took a 7 hour train ride in Ukraine, but that was at night and she was asleep the whole time. We explained to her how many hours we would be in the car and how many movies that would be before we would be to St. George. That abated her for a little while, still she asked a couple more times "How much longer???" I just had to chuckle.
4 comments:
Wow, that's awesome that you beat your time by so much. It's always nice to find that thing that keeps you going in the day to day grind.
I wish I was a runner...how did you become one! And 18 minutes wow that's fantastic.
Good work! I think its so awesome you have taken to running so much! Wish we lived closer so we could run together...that is when this baby gets out! And your kids look so darn proud of their mommy at the end there!
GO JEN!!! That is awesome.
Post a Comment