Sigh...I am a little down hearted at the moment. Drew is leaving soon. He's just in the shower now and once he is ready will be on the road and I won't see him for two or more weeks. I want to cry! Well, actually, I've already cried. He offered to pay $1000 to change our flights and for me to go home and him to stay. He said he could work from here on this computer for work. I almost said yes...!
I'm taking the chance to catch up while I have a decent computer here. He is taking this computer with him and I will be left with the dinosaur. I'm not sure I will be able to get too many pictures downloaded with it because it is so slow and gets bogged down really easily.
Yesterday, Tuesday, we went to the orphanage at 3:00 and put English on the computer for Masha. I did a little English with her before she sat at the computer. I have been reviewing the sounds that letters make. It is surprising that she really only knew about half of the sounds correctly and there were several names of letters that she didn't know either. She almost has them all down now. We have probably reviewed these 5 or 6 times now. She did English for an hour and a half and afterwards had her Ukrainian movies and wanted to watch Harry Potter. She is flying through the English lessons and I will have her start them over once she is done with them. Just to solidify what she has learned so far. She is understanding most of what Drew and I say to her, for which I am grateful. Last year, Anastasia didn't understand anything and it was hard. We made it through that, so I think we'll make it through this!
Prior to going to the orphanage we just hung around the apartment. Cleaned up a little, watched a movie, did laundry, ate lunch and watched the time tick away! Oh, and by the way, for those families still coming. I know we love movies and last year with the Lawrence's we tried figuring out how to rent movies online. We couldn't do it through Netflix. We brought several movies with us for down time. But, this year, we figured out that you can rent through I-tunes and watch it through that if you have an account with them. We have now rented and watched two new releases. The only kicker, is it takes 5-6 hours to download the movie, so you have to plan ahead if you want to watch one and you have to have internet in your apartment.
We spent 3-4 hours at the orphanage and that was our day! Not much to write about. Here are a few pictures of Masha.
1 comment:
Those chicken feet are waving at me!! lol.
You will be all alone...you are a brave woman. It sounds like you are in great hands with your facilitator. Is it really 2 weeks away? Hope it goes fast!
Post a Comment