Drew is gone. I cried and cried. This is going to be harder than I thought it would be. There are no facilitators or translators here. Just me and Masha. And Masha is in school everyday and I can't see her until 3:00 in the afternoon. On the weekend, Nadiya said she needed to stay at her Grandma's house. So that leaves me alone for probably 90% of my time here.
Drew gave me a blessing and I am feeling a little better now. I WILL be okay. I know I will be. Drew asked me what I was worried about when I bursted into tears before the blessing and I told him I wasn't worried, I just didn't want to be alone. We just hugged and hugged and he helped calm my emotions. When you lose the people that you love, you realize just how much you love them and need them. What would I have done without Drew here these first two weeks???
Alright, this post is making me cry even more. I'd better go for now and get my emotions in check.
5 minutes later...
I'm okay again...:). Really, I am. There are a few things that I want to do still here in Dniprozherzinsk. I need to find a Ukrainian keyboard. I want to see the dam that is somewhere on the outskirts of the city. I want to visit a hospital here and see what it is like. And I want to make Borsche while I am here, preferably with a Ukrainian and see if I can improve the Borsche that I have been making and make it more authentic. While I am at it, I would like to learn a few other authentic and yummy Ukrainian dishes. I just need to find someone that will take the time to teach me. Maybe Nadiya will this weekend. We'll see. I hope I can knock everything off this list within the next week. There is plenty of time, it's just a matter of figuring out how to get to these places and find the people that will help me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sure I'm not the only one here (aside from Drew)that is sending big hugs to you! Prayers, too! Love reading about life there - keep it up! Cute pictures of Masha's friend, Kristina. Bet they are going to miss each other desperately!
Oh, Jen, you made my cry. I wish I could blink myself there, and we would have a good time. Did you bring a good book to read? Think of all the reading you could do. You could walk for hours. That's what I would do. Think how many scarves you can get done!! And if you learn how to make really good borscht, I would love to learn from you when you get home. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Give Masha a hug for me.
I think about you all of the time, you are so amazing to go back a second time. You'll be great and home soon! I knitted a pile of dish clothes while I was over there, I'll email you the pattern if you need a change : )
Jen you are so amazing and strong you can do anything love you tonz
Post a Comment