Day #12 will most likely turn into day 13 and 14 after the brick walls that Oxana ran into today. All the paperwork she wanted to process today was put at a stand still because the very first document she needs to start the process, the birth certificate, cannot be obtained until tomorrow at 10:00. That is when we wanted to be drivng to Dnipropotrosk to deliver all of the documents to start the passport process. She wanted to be doing that tomorrow morning because the office in Dnipropotrosk doesn't take these documents on Thursdays. So then, that part will be postponed until Friday and so and so on. We were hoping to have the passport in hand by next Tuesday, and now it looks as though it might not be until next Friday (a week and a half from now.) Which means an extra wasted weekend in Dniprozherzinsk before we head to Kiev to finish up the paperwork there.
And why are we having all of this trouble??? Because Easter was on Sunday, which means that Monday is then the official holiday, but for some reason Monday isn't enough. Tuesday is the official holiday for the birth certificate office and they won't work with us until tomorrow. I mean holy cow...how many days off do you really need!!!!???????? It makes me angry and frustrated. I just want to be home with my kids and instead I'm wasting time and money here. Yes, I have learned to cook a few meals, but is that what I really want right now? No. I want to be home.
Oxana is out visiting the other two offices that we need to get paperwork from after we get the birth certificate. She is working on plan B and C trying to see if we can speed things up this week or not. I hope she figures something out. If we can get the passport by next Tuesday, then I will be able to come home around the 16th. If we can't get it until Friday, then it won't be until the 20-21st. Please, please, please, let it be sooner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh, Jen, I feel your frustration. That's just craziness. We don't get an extra holiday here because Easter is on Sunday. I think these people are on holiday more than they're at work. I'll bet you're missing your children and husband like crazy. You are so strong. You're on the downhill side. Hang in there and try to keep your sanity. That's easier said than done. Tomorrow is our Save a Parent lunch. We'll miss you.
Oh JEN!! My eyes water just reading your post. There is nothing like the frustration of dealing with the Ukraine government!
I can't believe how many holidays they have. An excuse to drink is more like it!
If anyone can work miracles, Oxana can. I hope and pray she can work her magic and get you back on track somehow!
You'll be in my prayers!!
Much love!
W
AUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am feeling your pain. This also means that the SDA is probably "vacationing" as well and we will have to wait even longer for our date. It is kind of ironic that my thoughts are constantly on getting over there and you are longing to be back home safe in Utah. Today I am going to take a hot bath with clean water, cook dinner in a modern kitchen and hug my kids extra long and think of you and how soon we will be "stuck" in Ukraine WAITING some more. I hope your frustrations will turn into sweet memories soon. We are praying for you too.
I remember the frustration too well of wanting to be home so badly and not being able to do anything about it. I will be thinking of you and hoping that Oxana can charm (or bribe) someone to speed up the process :)
I just bought a new cook book today and was flipping through the pages when I came upon a recipe for Brotsch. I am excited to try it when you get back and I hope and pray that it is sooner rather than later!! I also updated my blog and there are a few pictures of JR from the trip to Colorado.... I also have found a great bribery tool for your two youngest.... The Wii... I know, I am a terrible aunt but I needed to go to Costco today because I am completely out of milk and they were angels in the store... I guess that maybe you just have them well trained too and so maybe I am not as bad as I thought. Love you! Hang in there!
How frustrating! My heart goes out to you, your sweet husband and your darling children! I bet Masha just wants to get all of this waiting over with, too, and just go home and be with her family! "Be strong and of a good courage..." You all are in our prayers!
Post a Comment