I spent all day at Babushka's today. It was nice but I was freezing by the time I left. I was reviewing the pictures that we took while I was there and was surprised to see that my nose was actually red on the end. Proof that I was cold. I was trying to be quiet about it because if I had admitted to being cold Babushka would have wrapped me in one of her house coats or shawls. To be honest, I am a little nervous about "little bugs" and I didn't want to put anything on.
We made soup, borscht and a cabbage salad. All of it was really good. We paid Anastasia's godmother a visit. She lives just two houses down from Babushka. Her name is Liuba. I met her last year when I brought Anastasia home. She wanted to know how Anastasia was doing and I was surprised that the pictures I had sent at Christmas hadn't been shared with her.
I rode the tram home on my own and ended up in a rain storm getting back, which did not help me already being cold. After the tram, it was about a 20 minute walk uphill, holding my umbrella and three bags (everything Masha wants to bring to America). Now, I am nice and warm in my little apartment. Aahhh. Home sweet home and quiet...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ewww...I don't blame you about your fear of little bugs.
Oh, I'm just lonely for you! I had time alone but eventually the Straders got there and the Rast and then the Bunches. I wish-like Lori-I could just blink myself there to hang out for a few hours or a night or two.
When I went to the village during Easter I was freezing the whole entire time! Even now I'll be freezing and Alex will be taking off his coat. What's with the different body temps?
K. I hope you took good notes in your cooking classes and you plan to share your recipes!
Your blog is not a good one to get behind on! (At least not while you are out of the country) :0) It took me a long time to catch up! Its so interesting reading about everything.
Jen,
I wanted to say Hi and hang in there. You are brave and doing so many awesome things while you are there. I love how you are learning new things about Ukraine .
It has been good for me to look at the pictures again and remember where the kids have come from. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment