Wednesday, November 13, 2013

San Antonio-15-year anniversary

I know, it is a pretty unusual place for a couple to go for their 15-year anniversary. I cannot believe it's been that long! Both Drew and I feel like enough has happened in our lives together to constitute 15 years but it has gone so fast. We talked about going to Chile for our anniversary, to pick up Drew's parents from thier mission but they didn't feel like it would be the best tourist trip. We decided not to and started looking at the other options. Drew needed to attend a HFMA conference for work and we decided to have me tag along on that trip. So here we are. It's cheap, only costed us an airplane ticket for me and work paid for the room and Drew. Perfect! Here are some pictures of the trip.
A bird (don't know hat it is) in the tree.  I'll have to ask my dad about that!

My first meal on the riverwalk, while Drew is in his conference.

Me in front of The Alamo

A Veteran's Day presentation in front of the Alamo.  They had a short ceremony in recognition of our veterans and a three-shot salute in honor of veterans past, present and future.  It was really nice.







These are pictures of different angles of the monument built to honor the soldiers and civilians that fought to protect their rights in Texas from the Mexican tyrant Santa Anna.  These men included "Davie Crockett."  His name and replica are engraven in the stone.

You can see the San Antonio Temple on top of the hill.  We did some temple work there yesterday for family names that I just found last week.  It was a beautiful temple, really gorgeous.  I forgot to get a picture of us in front of the temple. Darn it!

The next several pictures are on the riverwalk.



You see the faces carved into the base of the columns?  They are of a man and a woman that were placed there to protect the building, as the original builders thought.

A fig tree growing out of a building.

A floating sidewalk.  Pretty cool.  The tree in the back, I think they said was an orchid.  I could have gotten that wrong though.

It looks like paint, it's actually a mosaic.  Beautiful.  Adam and Eve are in the middle.


The tower.  Very similar to the Space Needle in Seattle.  Seattle happened to be the last conference I went with Drew to.

No comments: