Friday, August 4, 2017

Mont-Saint-Michel By J.R.

Ok here we are at the coolest castle I have ever personally been too. AKA... Our moms torture chambers. This castle had to have a couple hudred stairs. Maybe a thousand? And she used her crutches up all of it. And she was one determined person. And she might have been irritated by us because of her plights. But she made it up and down all of those stairs and that is pretty dang amazing. Even if she was in a bad mood. But hey. She looked happy for that picture. kinda...

The castle was built in a marshy area so it was difficult to get to in case of an attack. 

Rylee taking up all the church benches in the cathedral. 
Some random pieces of art. My mom probably read through and knows what the heck we are looking at right now. But I usually look and go. I dont stick around for long. So... ya... I have no idea what that is. 


A window... enjoy
Some gardens on the side of the castle. Because what is a castle without some gardens? 
Our freakin awesome kinda iritated mom probably needed a rest. Don't blame her. totally understandable. 


Posing by the windows. 

Not sure what this thing is but it looks important. Probably just a water wheel. 

Our family is used to going places that we aren't supossed to. So... Why not explore this fenced off passage. We didn't but I can dream. 
Mom is looking at the final stairs in her climb. Many of the steps were cobble stone and very difficult to use crutches on but these steps are nicer. 


Its a giant ball... mirror... thing. Apparently it was stylish at the time. Don't judge them. 

More torture for mom. Nice, twisting, narrow stair case. Just what the doctor ordered. 
Well its only down hill from here mom. That is arguably more dangerous but you are almost done!

Some castle defenses. 



Looking down into a pit. Because we want to. 
this shows the high wals of the castle. 
A good look at the entire castle. 
A little hotel inside the castle because tourists like that sort of thing. Dang tourists. 



Just lots of pictures of random parts of the castle. Just keeping you updated. 

We got ourselves some luch before heading out. The were hot dogs with bread baked all the way around if I remember correctly. I could be wrong though. Mom is exausted but happy because she just went all they way up and down without injuring herself. Just a big round of applause for her. Not being sarcastic. I know sometimes I sound sarcastic. Sometimes I really am. Anyways, that turned out to be a great day!

No comments: