The SDA (State Department of Adoption) opened today in Ukraine and some of the facilitators from Adoption Way that live in Ukraine went with our dossiers to get submission dates! We got one for February 3rd, which is really exciting! That is a lot sooner than we had expected, with the gas wars going on in Europe right now. If all goes well we should hear back from them four weeks from that February date with a date that we are invited to Ukraine to start the adoption process there. The date should be around the end of April or beginning of May, if all goes well.
I am sorry if I unintentionally caused any of the other families also adopting any nervousness or fret! There are several families that are all at the same stage as I am and I received my date, the others were not able to yet. The facilitator that took my paperwork said there were a couple of documents that I need to redo before she can submit them on the 3rd. The other families needed to finalize some paperwork before it could be taken in for a submission date. They should receive their dates tomorrow or the next day. (Read Wendy's blog, to know all of the information regarding the differences--to those families also adopting). This means we all should still get submission dates near the same time in February! Many of us are hoping to share living costs over there, so this would be grand, if we all continue to have things happen at or near the same time.
We are really excited. I have to Fedex a document tomorrow morning directly to Ukraine, costing us $80-90 in shipping costs! Ouch! But, that's OK as long as things are moving along, and they are! This is one more big step down and just a couple more to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I truly am happy for you and hope I didn't steal your thunder! I'm sure tomorrow we'll get our dates and with any luck we'll all travel around the same time. Whootwhoo!! We're on our way!
Wow!!! What a chore! It's intense...but how exciting all the same! Miss you and hope to chat with you soon....boy do I need a vacation. How I'd love to fly out for a few days....ahahah...the thought sounds so fun! Give the boys a hug for us. :) Yes, Drew too! hee hee hee
Congratulations! That is so exciting! When I read Wendy's and it said nothing can be crossed out, I thought I was sunk. Our notary crossed out a couple dates and signed by them... so good to know we can send anything we have to redue straight to the Ukraine! Good Luck with that.
The software I use is scrapbook factory deluxe. You can get it at staples and office depot. But I can just bring the disc when we get the car and you can download it if you would like.
We all anxiously await the big date...all eyes are upon you! We are so excited for for your family.
thats way exiteing!!! hey do you remeber that book you were telling me about? about the girl in Iraq or something that had no rights, and had to marry her uncle or something?
How very exciting!!
Post a Comment