Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Being a Mommy...

Can I just say that being a mommy brings on a love-hate relationship! I love my children and I love the joy they bring to me. I love that when I'm sitting in sacrament meeting (this just happened to me) someone scared out of his mind about caring for his grandchildren, reminds me that I am thankful to have those little ones running around right now! I also love bedtime when the house is quiet and I can think. I can do whatever I want and not be distracted. I LOVE IT!!!!!! I think...

I hate that at the end of everyday I feel completely spent and want to throw up my hands and give up because I have nothing more to give!

Then, something magical happens, I get a good nights rest and I wake up forgetting about how tired I was the night before. It's amazing how that happens. We forget so easily about the hardest things in life. And that is what keeps us moving forward (at least that is what keeps me moving forward).

I am so very thankful to have my children and to be a mother. There is nothing I would rather be doing right now. Even when I feel like screaming into a pillow or I might be on the verge of tears, I always come around to remembering how very lucky and thankful I am to have the challenge of motherhood in my life.

I love all of my precious gifts: Masha, J.R., Nastia, Tyler and Bryce. I wouldn't want anything else right now, than to be their mother. Truly.

________________Update______________________

My friend has a blog contest going on to win Girl Scout Cookies. Her post is about being everything under the stars to so many people...take a look and enter for some yummy cookies!
http://mindthemommy.blogspot.com/2009/02/girl-scout-cookie-giveaway.html

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh Jen! It gets better! When my children were at that busy-must be watched every minute-age, I thought what was I thinking? Now they're older and it's a different busy but not that emotional-pull your hair out in frustration-busy.
I look back and wish I would have laughed more and wrote (blogged) more about how crazy they were and the funny things they said.
Hang in there and at least you have the insight to realize what a blessing they are. Not to mention, you're a really good Mom!
Much love!

Kristin said...

http://mindthemommy.blogspot.com/2009/02/sixth-picture.html

I tagged you! I really admire your big heart. ALL of your kids, boys and girls, are lucky to have a mom who adores them so much.

Nikkie said...

Bedtime is definitely a magical time for everyone. Thank heavens we get to start over each day.