We asked about their favorite colors and told them a little about how we have rearranged the bedrooms. She and Nastia will be in the basement instead of upstairs where they slept during their visit in October. She was so quiet and didn't talk much. We did ask her the big question, how she was feeling about being part of our family and the response was that she is still excited and is waiting for us. Again, same as last time, this is such a relief. Sometimes you wonder as they sit over there for months on end, whether they even want to be adopted anymore. Have they changed their minds? They don't know what we are doing here to get ourselves over there. Even if you try and explain all of what is happening, all they can think is it's taking so long and they might wonder if we are really working as fast as we can.
I don't know, it is just a hard position to be in. For them and for us. So, regardless, of my fears everything is going well and moving along. It was wonderful to hear her voice and know that she is anticipating our arrival.
We told her we love her and Nastia and we can't wait to see them again. Her response was that she is excited as well. No "I love you's" from her. I am thinking this is something that will come with time and that is OK. We have a lot of transitioning to do, both the girls and us. It will sure be nice to get to that point and to feel like a real, growing family.
We talked to Nadiya for a couple of minutes and she shared that it might take a little longer to get the girls than we had hoped. I'll expand on this later (I mostly wanted to add a short blip for my own record, so I don't forget:)).
I've been tagged by a friend, so here is the picture I am posting from the tag.
This is a picture of Dominican Republic fish booth. We went to pick up my brother from his mission there and saw some pretty amazing (sad, impovished) conditions. It was a real eye-opener. It was a great trip, I'm so glad we went.
For those I have tagged here are your instructions:
Wendy, Ally, Rebecca, and the Horlachers
1. Find your sixth picture folder and in that folder, the sixth picture.
2. Post it on your blog with a caption or explanation about the picture.
3. Tag four others and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they've been tagged.
6 comments:
That's so good you got to talk to the girls! Well Masha at least. I'm sorry to hear that it might take you a little longer than you had hoped for. I know how anxious you are to get them here. Keep us posted on what is up next. And I did your tag, but I'm pretty sure you haven't done mine. :)
The reaction you heard is so typical of these kids after they've been back for a while. Yuri explained it to me a while back: When they return to Ukraine, they live on excitement for only so long. Once that initial excitement wears off and they get back to the daily grind of being an orphan, the anticipation of not knowing when you are coming, and ultimately not being 100% sure that you are even coming back for them (having been let down by so many others that supposedly 'loved' them) is what you hear on the phone. That anticipation that keep you moving forward each day is a scary, uneasy, unpleasant and insecure feeling for them, and that is what you are hearing on the phone. When you finally arrive at that orphanage to adopt your daughters, and you hold them tight and say "I told you so", they will know that you did exactly as you promised and will once be the girls you sent back to Ukraine last November. Lots of phone calls and letters keep their dreams alive in the meantime.
Thanks Andreas for that comment. It's like we expect them to be as excited and happy as we are. We know things have moved quickly all things considered but in their child's view I'm sure it's just going so slow!
Jen-I'm glad you got through and I want details on why it's going to take longer!! Call me!
That's wonderful that they are excited to be your daughters! =)
Hang in there Jen. I know that this will all work out in the end and that is how Heavenly Father has designed it. We love you guys!
I am so glad you got to talk to them! I am sure the wait is so difficult, on both ends.
Progress...
Post a Comment