Wednesday, July 22, 2009

All Ready

Just a quick post to say all is ready and we'll be on our way in just a couple of hours!

We went to the Embassy yesterday and have the visa in hand now. I was given all of the documents for Customs in New York, so we're all set!!!

What an amazing feeling to have all of that in hand. It was very exciting for me. I just about leaped for joy out of the Embassy.

We were sitting with a couple other couples in the Embassy also waiting for their visas. One was from Mississippi and were adopting a very tall 14 year old boy. He looked a lot like his adoptive mother. She could have been his birth mother, except he is already taller than both of his adoptive parents! :) The other mother was from Philadelphia and was adopting two 4-year old children with Down's Syndrome. What a special lady! You could tell she loved those kids. She was joking around about how fun the airplane would be for her today! I laughed and said she would for sure have her hands full! Maybe we'll end up on the same flight home today. I didn't even ask her. Darn, I wish I had now.

Anyway! So good to know we'll home in 24 hours, two layovers from now! Yippee!

3 comments:

Ali said...

Just read like the last 4 posts! exciting trip!! Hope you make it home safe tonight and post pictures soon!

Chandra said...

WOW, GIRL!!!! YOU ARE AMAZING, my friend. I'm very very inspired by you!

Mysticnocturne said...

What an amazing feeling to have those Visa papers in hand!!