In contrast to being in limbo, sleeping with a 7-year old IS fun! It is extremely restful. If anyone out there needs to know a way to get better sleep, try sleeping with a 7-year old.
First off, apparently, my side of the bed and my pillow are more comfortable. This helps to keep me nice and warm on an already warm night. Mmm, I love to sweat at night, don't you?
Secondly, you will recieve the best massage ever. Nastia will massage your back with her knees and you'll fall asleep without even knowing it. It is very nice.
She is the best sleeping partner ever. Let me know if you need to borrow her some time!
Other fun things about Nastia are that she is very organized. As soon as we got to the apartment yesterday she wanted to unpack and decorate it with all of the trinkets that her grandma sent with her. She decorated, she reorganized everything and she even did a few dishes! She even reorganized my toiletry bag. She decided that there were better places for my things than where I had them. I think she may have also practiced with my makeup a bit because I found blush dust all over my compact when I took it out to use this morning. I can tell she is going to be a fun one. She is a very spirited child.
Here are a few pictures of us over the last couple of days. Nevermind, I'm having technical difficulties. I'll try again later.
Here is the flight info for tomorrow. Honestly, I'm not expecting anyone to come at such a late hour, except my family! But, if you would like to pleasantly surprise us, we are coming in on Delta flight #1835 from Atlanda and we land at 11:18 pm. Yikes! I know it is late and we will probably be very tired. It is 24 hours of straight flights and airport again! Can't wait!
Feel free to come by the house and see Nastia if you would like to do that instead! She'll be especially excited to see all of the Ukranian kids already in Utah. We'll see you all soon!+842.JPG)
Yea, now you know why she was so fun to sleep with! She is sound asleep and has no idea she kicked me out of the bed.
Nastia working on her letters on the leapfrog at the apartment in Kiev. The day before we were heading home.
5 comments:
When all my kids were still little, I remember having two or three of them in bed with us, but those days are gone quickly, and I miss them as little people. By now you're probably all packed and waiting for night to come so you can wake up tomorrow and come home. Have a great flight.
Exciting! see you at the airport
We're glad you made it and are coming home! Hopefully you can get a little sleep, although you will have plenty of time for that on the plane trip. :)
What's the plan for Masha going forward?
I slept with Alex for two weeks in Ukraine and now that we're home he still wants to sleep with me. Unfortunately for me, James is gone for two weeks at a time and Alex and Rylee think Mom sleep overs are the best. If they weren't so
#1 Wiggly
#2 Hot
#3 Talking/groaning in their sleep
It wouldn't be so bad, but since all of the above happen every time, I've limited it to Friday nights for Alex and Saturday for Rylee.
I'm so glad things went so quick and we will for sure drop by and visit!
Travel safe!
W
This is such exciting news! So happy for you! On a side note, Maybe Nastia will become a famous make-up artist =)
Post a Comment