Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Time Flies

I was checking my calendar to figure out what was next on the agenda for today and found myself looking back at what has gone on. I had an eye appointment two weeks ago and I couldn't believe it. It feels like that appointment was just yesterday and maybe last week at the furthest. But, no, it really was two weeks and one day ago. So where did the last two weeks go? I'm having a hard time understanding how time can go by so quickly.

A lot has happened in the last month and again I need to catch up with the pictures, etc. This does contribute to time moving along quickly. But, still, even considering all that we do in our days and lives, I'm still left wondering where the time goes. I will probably look back on my life as an elderly woman and wonder then as well, "Where did the time go? I want it back again. I want to enjoy those moments with my children a little longer. I want to hear their laughs. I want to wrestle with my husband and hear him laugh. I want to do what I used to do be able to do so easily with my body again."

Time does go so fast. So, whether I like it or not, I need to make the most of the moments I have. Simplify and enjoy. I believe these are two things that many of us can work on. And when we do simplify to forget feeling guilty about it. I mean it! Get rid of the guilt!

So, here goes...another month has gone by. Enjoy the Benson updates!

3 comments:

Lori said...

I loved your repelling pictures. My brother Bruce, the one that climbed Everest a few months ago, knows the Fiery Furnace like the back of his hand. We have gone repelling with him a few times there. Don't you love Arches? It's one of our favorite vacation spots.

Nikkie said...

Amen!

Kristin said...

Great wisdom in this post...I am working to simplify and appreciate the little moments. Makes life feel more full and rich.