Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Odessa

I guess Odessa is actually spelled with two "s's." But, it's funny, sometimes you see it with one here and sometimes you see it with two. We walked all over that main squares of town yesterday looking at all of the buildings in the area and then went out to a main port where the nicest hotel in Odessa is located. It is a really beautiful city and we've enjoyed seeing it. We bought tickets for the opera, which we will go to tonight. They were only $7 each! Can you believe that???

Here are some pictures of Odessa, or maybe not... I'm going to have to have Drew help me figure out how to download pictures from this Odessa computer. Check again later today. Also, I put commentary on the pictures from a couple entries ago. Whoever slept on Constantine's bed ought to check out the one where I'm wearing my newly knitted scarf...hee hee...

8 comments:

Andreas said...

Love the scarf! Odessa -- is this where you will be getting the passports?

The Loves said...

Sounds like a fun trip! I admire both your courage in driving around by yourself.

Thank you for you comment on our Love Blog - I keep hoping the info about Alina is all a mistake (like the Hale's situation). Hope is that she will be at the orphange to receive the letter you took for us...Thank you, again, for that!

Wendy said...

He got a new BED???? Hurray! James and I always said if we could get Coysta anything it would be a new bed! I AM jealous. (James will be even more as he had the worse time sleeping on that bed!)
When you get back there will you take more pictures of the remodel? I'd love to see what they've done. He had just done the bathroom before we arrived. Is there still a silver shampoo/soap holder hanging from the hook outside the shower? I bought that. Maybe they've installed it IN the shower by now. I was so tired of getting water in my eyes trying to pick up my soap and shampoo from off the floor!
Great job on your knitting. I think I made five dish clothes there. I think I left one in the apartment.
AND if you see anything with WR on it (baking soda, flour etc) I bought that too! It took me awhile but I did manage to get all the ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies.
Happy day.....Benson's have updated!

grandma said...

mom your going to an opera that you will not understand and 7 dollars that is nice.

Tiffany J said...

So, funny thing...the reason I posted something on my blog was because I was reading yours and I saw the link to mine on the side and it said that my last post was 2 months ago. Yikes! I thought I needed to post something. Also, funny, after reading your blog, I had this really strange dream that I was with you traveling to Russia. It didn't seem to have anything to do with your girls but there was a baby and adoption involved somehow. It was more like a movie than real life...weird!

I am so excited for you and all your adventures. I can't believe its been a year and a half since your last trip...so glad the journey is almost over and you will have them both home with you. You are a brave woman! Good luck with the rest of your trip!

Chandra said...

WOW! Jen- you are amazing!

Lori said...

Friday morning here. Today is your big day, and actually it's over now for you. I'm waiting to hear how court went and any news about the 10 days waived?????? Either way, it won't be too much longer till you're home with your new daughter, and this past, long year and a half will be history and you'll begin the next chapter of your lives.

Wendy said...

Like Lori, I'm checking in. Court has got to be over....please post!!
W
PS (You know we were there at the same time last year-SDA date on the 18th-and our court date was APRIL 3rd!! Your date is eight days faster! Whootwhoo!)