Thursday, April 8, 2010

Last Day in Dniprozherzinsk!

Wow! I can't believe it! This news came as quite a surprise to me yesterday and I wasn't prepared for it happening so quick. I'm thrilled, don't get me wrong, we just had several things to do today before we could leave this town.

We got Masha's hair cut. She looks great! Fresh ends and bangs that don't hang in her eyes. It really is a nice change.

Then we gave our gifts to Nadiya and Masha's teacher (Maria/Masha) and paid our orphanage donation. I got my reciept and we were out of there.

We ate lunch and headed to Babushka's. We spent an hour there with her, Sasha, and Oxana. They were all very kind and loving. They are really going to miss Masha. This has been much different leaving compared to last year with Anastasia.

Anastasia was all smiles. She didn't shed a tear. Masha has been very emotional since she found out yesterday. I don't blame her, so we've spent a lot of time hugging and trying to help her feel better. Babushka, too, was very emotional today and it was bitter sweet leaving them behind when we boarded the bus to come back to the apartment.

I talked with the Embassy this morning and I should be able to get the visa tomorrow and fly home on Saturday! We aren't changing the tickets until I have the visa in hand, but the Embassy said it should work out. Then the guy gave me a 50/50 chance it would work. Umm, I don't really like those odds, but we're going to try. Thanks for everyone's prayers so far. It has worked miracles for us and we need them to keep coming! :)

Thank you, thank you for being a support to me/us while we've ventured through this journey. It means so much to hear from famiy and friends back home and it brings a lot of comfort. Every day I looked forward to seeing who had commented and given me encouragement. It helped me through the last 3 1/2 weeks. Yes, only 3 1/2 weeks, like I said, your prayers are working miracles. Thank you again. Much love! And if I don't get back online in Kiev, which I hope I do, I will see you Saturday!

6 comments:

Lori said...

As I was reading about the good-byes for Masha, my eyes teared up. I can't imagine, as bad as it might be, leaving my homeland and everything I've ever known. What a turn of events for you the last couple days. Three and a half weeks is so fast. So many people here are getting bad news about the kids they wanted to adopt. It seems like it's getting harder and harder every year to make it all happen. Your adoption journey is almost through, and then the new chapter will start. See you on Saturday. Keep us informed, or have Drew blog, okay?

Chandra said...

Jen, reading what you have been through the past year and sitting back in my chair saying, WOW! What a ride! I'm touched beyond words and all I can say is....I'll see you soon, girl!

Andreas said...

If you cannot get back online, will you please send me a message somehow and let me know your flight number so welcome you home? I can put it on the blog.

3 1/2 weeks...wow! I think that is a new record. But considering where you've been and what it took to get here, you deserve it. Your family is probably loving it! We're so excited for you and your family. Thanks for letting us follow your journey.

Wendy said...

Oh Jen!!! Hallelujah!!
Do let us know your flight # and time. We'd love to be there to welcome you home.
Wow. What a journey you've been on-maybe only three and 1/2 weeks but considering you put Masha back on that plane November 2nd 2008 it's been almost a year and FIVE months!!!
I am so glad and can't wait to see you both!! (I bet you'll get lots of comments about being sisters not mother/daughter as you're just so young looking!)

The Brent Milne Family said...

Wow, I have been in Lake Powell for 8 days and just caught up on your blog. That is so awesome!! I can't wait to see you Sunday at church with your whole family. Congratulations!!!! See you soon!! Lucinda

Tiffany J said...

So happy that things went quicker than you anticipated! Good luck on the next leg of your journey!